Sim

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thought i'd chuck up a couple pics of the pano, my painter sent me them just before. they are abit small but ill b taking some bigger sized pics once i go see it for myself. doesn't look like much but its something lol.

standard firewall

picture1772.jpg

firewall cut out

picture1775.jpg

new firewall welded in (had to be done in 2 pieces to clear the struts)

picture1788.jpg

smoothing one of the strut towers

picture1789.jpg

also anyone got a good condition front valance for a ke20? mine is all mangled n wuldn't mind tracking one down.

Edited by Sim

few new pictures, went n checkd the car out 2nite, has done abit more smoothing/seam welding of the drivers side of the bay, got a pic showing the difference between the smooth side n untouched side.

let me know what you think :).

newcar143.jpg

newcar144.jpg

newcar145.jpg

yeh it should look sweet once its all smoothed back, not gonna take anymore pics of the bay until its all done/primed up :P. my painter hasn't started on the body yet, just sorting out the bay first.

heres pretty much the colour i want my car to be sprayed, changed around abit.

audi-rs4-2009-render-01.jpg

even tho that blue is prety similar to the ford blueprint colour i really didn't wanna go for that ford colour as its been so overused now its crazy.

i mite change it abit to make it darker, add pearls etc.

Hey Mate,

Pano is looking great.

I wanted a similar blue for when I painted my moke. I ended up using a PPG colour which is a Maserati Blue, sorry I forgot to write down the paint codes and actual name when i picked it off the paint chip but its a deeper blue than Audi and the Ford blue and is also a pearl metallic. I don't have a great photo of my moke paint wise in the sun so you can see it light up but its an awesome hue, comes up really full and deep in the sun and in the shade has a deeper blue appearance.

Just if you were on the hunt for a darker blue.

Samm

I found a couple of photos, not the best indication of the colour but just so you have an idea. I know its a bit different with flat panels but would still look awesome.

001cds.th.jpg

Kind of in the dark/shade

002neo.th.jpg

In the sun

p4110438.th.jpg

I took this when driving obviously but it shows the blue.

Actually looks a bit 'milky' but its just the reflection and my shitty camera etc.

Samm

Edited by smacko84

• 2 weeks later...

new pictures, engine bay is basically done, just been put in polyester so i can dick around with it without stressing about scratching it etc. also messing around with fitting up the rad/cooler/oil cooler, as iv been thinking about it for ages n found a good way to set them out so just gotta get brackets etc made up.

also moving the engine mounts back 100mm due to clearance issues, should b interesting.

before, nasty as f@$k

newcar16.jpg

now, much tidier and smoother

newcar146.jpg

newcar147.jpg

newcar148.jpg

newcar149.jpg