August 10, 201115 yr Author comment_545680 Yeh, i know what you are saying. I didnt spray the front arm rests cos they were the right colour, window winders will be fine, definately worried about the steering wheel though, but have decided to give the outer ring a few coats of 2 pack clear, should prevent it from wearing through for a long time. The paint is acrylic with flattener and flex added, couldnt use 2 pack as it cannot be flattened enough, it can only get to dull gloss, rather than a full flat finish. I also have the same colour in 2 pack that was used for everything else like roll cage, floor, ect. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_545741 The head looks good (even though it is a Nissan… just teasing), apart from the CNC port job did you get bigger valves and valve springs any work to the seats, and most important where is the flow chart. The main goal of the car is still a 9.9sec 1/4 mile pass. I wish you all the best, (I know how much work and $$$$ is involved. I would like to get my little bomb into the 10’s, one day. Report
August 11, 201115 yr Author comment_545929 yep, dirty old nissan engine, I have definately accumulated too much sr20 crap to change now, I recon i have enough junk here to put together 5 running motors + spares! yeh, 1mm oversized on both valves, i have some narprec springs, and some 'performance springs' double springs here too. Solid lifter conversion, new rocker arms, tomie solid cams 12.5 lift 270 'advertised' duration. Adjustable gears, rocker stoppers, and titanium valve retainers. yep what you said, expensive! Max flow is 260cfm @ 4.5 lift, but the low lift figures are really really good, better than any other one i could find. I found a few that had a higher flow at 4.5, but the low lift figures were even lower than an unported head. Thanks man, you are definately on the right track for your 10, its just traction that will get the better of us. Report
August 11, 201115 yr comment_545972 yeh, 1mm oversized on both valves, i have some narprec springs, and some 'performance springs' double springs here too. Solid lifter conversion, new rocker arms, tomie solid cams 12.5 lift 270 'advertised' duration. Adjustable gears, rocker stoppers, and titanium valve retainers. yep what you said, expensive! Max flow is 260cfm @ 4.5 lift, but the low lift figures are really really good, better than any other one i could find. I found a few that had a higher flow at 4.5, but the low lift figures were even lower than an unported head. I had no idea what the 2 litre (SR20) Nissan head could flow. My little 1.6 litre 20V Black Top head flows 253cfm at 4.5 lift so its bugger all difference. Sounds like you stuffed your head full of goodness like I have, and it empty’s the bank account pretty fast. Thanks for sharing the figure Edited August 11, 201115 yr by _FNQ_rolla_ Report
August 11, 201115 yr comment_545987 matt DNA paints do a full matte 2 pack clear.. as does ppg. oh and i know what you mean about three rebuilds.... i'm onto my second rebuild with this car and i'm already planning a tird with a turbo motor and a repaint. third and final time should be 100% how i want it though. Edited August 11, 201115 yr by greenmac80 Report
August 12, 201115 yr Author comment_546199 yep, lots of spares :cool: matt DNA paints do a full matte 2 pack clear.. as does ppg. oh and i know what you mean about three rebuilds.... i'm onto my second rebuild with this car and i'm already planning a tird with a turbo motor and a repaint. third and final time should be 100% how i want it though. Ah thanks man, didnt know that. well, if the steering wheel wears through i know the answer to my problem now. Already planning the third rebuild, its a worry, i think these things slowly turn us into perfectionists. :y: Report
October 2, 201114 yr Author comment_557316 wheels. wanted convos, then these popped up for $1000 with new tyres in my desired size. A few new bits, reg. and titanium valve retainers. Door handles on. Also bought a trade tool die grinder to port match the head to the quads. Motor is ready to finish assembly now, all the bits are there, just waiting on some lazy hr holden owner to finish with the torque wrench. pulled the glass in the front. dash pad in. rear door cards in, need a new set of locks to fit the front ones. can't find the armrest screws either. I also started to fit the carpet, its not moulded, so there is a bit involved. Report
October 2, 201114 yr comment_557332 its looking aweseome already man. loving the interior thus far. Report
October 2, 201114 yr Author comment_557339 thanks! agreed, i think the stockies look the best. Them drag wheels are not growing on me at all. I think they will turn gloss black in the near future. Will definately be knocking up some wide steelies for the street. Report
October 2, 201114 yr comment_557340 get in to her mate i still have the hoodlining urs for nothing if u want it spose no better excuse than that to come sus this thing out Report
October 3, 201114 yr Author comment_557468 Thanks heaps mate, but i have got one made now. You're welcome to drop in anytime youre up this way. :y: Report
October 3, 201114 yr comment_557474 I love this car. I wish mine looked like it! If you ever drive down to adelaide in it, let me know. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now