May 25, 200521 yr comment_45752 hmm the RPM level seems a little low... mine the rev limiter is set to 8500 and it whips round the that like it was christmas and pulls all the way :thumbsup: but other than that it is VERY nice!!! Edited May 25, 200521 yr by wilson_610 Report
May 25, 200521 yr comment_45758 Very cool! Was it hard to adapt the 20V CAS to fit? Maybe I can do this to my 4AGE too! :) Report
May 25, 200521 yr Author comment_45765 wilson_610 Posted on May 25 2005, 10:32 PM hmm the RPM level seems a little low... mine the rev limiter is set to 8500 and it whips round the that like it was christmas and pulls all the way but other than that it is VERY nice!!! I'm guessing you where reading from earlier. now it jumps to 7000 easy....but you say yours goes higher, its not standard then..they let go from 7300+ ive been told (self distruct). demuire Posted on May 25 2005, 10:42 PM Very cool! Was it hard to adapt the 20V CAS to fit? Maybe I can do this to my 4AGE too! its easy , I stripped the guts out of the 2T dizzy, got a machine shop to make a plug to go into the top approx 10cm tall and made it a very tight fit, then make a hole for the shank of the 20V Dizzy to fit into tight, using the original 2t shaft cut the top plate off where the mechanical advance was,so i was left with a shaft just coming out of the lower body on the dizzy, attacked the 20v dizzy shaft with a grinder and made a T , cut a slot in the 2t shaft and they all mate together when put together. like the dizzy to oil pump slot/T drive. I don't know how well i explaned that. but I'm sure you can work it out from what i have said. I just have to make a cover for the dizzy now. i got a broken cap, but it would look crappy. Report
May 25, 200521 yr comment_45770 maybe a little offtopic, BUT did they ever make a efi setup for the 2t/3t from the factory if so, i'll ditch my k engine in a heartbeat Report
May 25, 200521 yr Author comment_45807 yeah $900 buy price, and it was a dog of a car, as it sits now its $3400 Report
July 13, 200521 yr Author comment_57702 Ive finished my RA40 Brake upgrade....easy conversion and only cost me $200. still looks small but it is a 17" wheel. I just have to convert the rear to disk brake. Report
July 14, 200521 yr comment_57796 damn mate, your car looks sweet as :) congrats on all the work :n: Report
July 14, 200521 yr Author comment_57898 The RA40 celica struts are used as well as the lower controll arm with the steering arm on the bottom of the strut. Everything is the same almost, the holes on the bottom of the struts are like 2mm diffrent to the KE one, thats why you need to use the other items. The only thing I changed was the spring seat on the strut, I put the KE30 spring seat on and the original ke30 spring and strut top. Everything bolted up without any more modification. Camber is the same, but the track of the front is about 12mm wider, I removed my 6 mm spacers and the tires sit in the same place on the lip of the guard. The RA40 disk is 254mm, 12.7 thickness The KE30 disk is 218mm, 12.7 thickness and the brake pad contact patch is easy double that of the KE30 pad. so for the money its the best upgrade. Report
July 14, 200521 yr comment_57905 The car is still looking great dude. That brake upgrade sounds pretty easy and cheap, might have to go in that direction with the KE70. The increased track could be a problem though. Report
July 14, 200521 yr comment_57993 This is coming up a real treat Nick... well done! :) Keep it up Report
July 14, 200521 yr Author comment_58016 Well in the next few weeks its going to change again. I'm fitting a 4AGE 20 Valve. I was thiking 1GGTE but thats going overboard. The 20V engines are cheap now...$595 from ichiban. I will post updates as i do the conversion. Report
July 15, 200521 yr comment_58054 Damn, I was only talking to Lenny not long ago about how cheap they are getting. All the best with it dude. Whats going to happen to the old engine? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now