Speedometre Mph To Kph (sticker)

ke rollin 20

hey everyone,

I'm after a sticker to stick on my speedometre thats in kph, as mine is in mph and i have a bad speeding problem which is the cause of my loss of licience for a year,

but i get it back in 1 week and i really don't wont to accidentally speed and loose it again because then i would have no job... hah!

its for a ke11 corolla, so if you no where to get one let me no cheers.

haydo.

Members dont see this ad
hey everyone,

I'm after a sticker to stick on my speedometer thats in kph, as mine is in mph and i have a bad speeding problem which is the cause of my loss of license for a year,

but i get it back in 1 week and i really don't wont to accidentally speed and loose it again because then i would have no job... Ha!

its for a Ker corolla, so if you no where to get one let me no cheers.

Haydon.

You can buy converters that screw on the speedo then the cable screws onto it (in line) and turn the MPH into KM P/h.

ye that sounds alrite ay, but for now iv just worked out what mph are in kph and ill just have it sittin there on a piece of paper near my speedo, I'm sure after a while ill no it of by heart ay.

10 mph = 15 kph

15 mph = 25 kph

18 mph = 30 kph

24 mph = 40 kph

30 mph = 50 kph

37 mph = 60 kph

43 mph = 70 kph

49 mph = 80 kph

55 mph = 90 kph

60 mph = 100 kph anything over 60 means I'm going to fast... hahah

cheers haydo.

Made by Morey Haigh in Victoria it simply adjusts the speedo cable speed to convert the MPH to KM PH, simply screw in line and away you go.

Does this mean that when doing 60MPH, the gauge will read 100MPH.....which in actual fact is really 100KM/H. So its just a matter of adjusting your mindset to realise this?

Edited by kangaroosa

Other option is if you find the RARE as shit rocking horse Toyota speedo sticker.

There was one on ebay a while ago I lost. It is a sticker designed and printed by Toyota for a KE10 speedo to convert it to mph to KM/H with out readjusting cable or anything. Quite rare item does exist and if you want to go that way just keep an eye out for one.

OR

Another rare option is to find a KE10 KM/H speedo. They do exist. the part number for it is:

Sprinter part number) 83110-12041

KE11-B,ke11-CB, ke11-FB, ke11-CFB) 83110-12022

ke11L-B, ke11L-CB, ke11L-FB, ke11L-CFB) 83110-12060

Now the reason for them having a few different versions of the km/h speedo is that A sprinter one from what I can see in my parts catalog has slightly different mounts compared to normal KE mounts with out the tacho. But Felix since you have pulled your KE15 dash apart you might be able to shed light on this?

Also in the parts number book it lists there being 1 speedo drive gear for the ke1X cars even though there were many diff ratios. So the difference in a KE10 is they probably made the speedo read less or more in the speedo not at the gear box so that is also another reason for a few different speedos. Also useless fact the left hand drive version of the corolla KE1X has a 100mm longer speedo cable.

Cheers

Cameron