Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adam's Ke70

Featured Replies

Wow this thing looks clean, what a great base start for a project. Why can't I find one as neat as this...*sigh* :wink:

  • Replies 326
  • Views 285.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Thanks for the comments guys! I still can't get these photo's up for some reason.

 

I got frustrated trying to get the front struts out this morning and the car's just in pieces at the moment. I'm going to wait till my front shock inserts arrive and decide what springs I'm going to buy.

 

While I'm on the subject of front suspension, how do I get the steering arms off the lower control arm? It seems to be stuck?

ok DO not hit the top because you can mushroom the top and u'l lhave to cut it off

get a medium hammar and tap the sides at like a 80-90 degree angle and it will come out eventually

i wacked mine for 10 mins

just don't hit the top

  • Author
ok DO not hit the top because you can mushroom the top and u'l lhave to cut it off

get a medium hammar and tap the sides at like a 80-90 degree angle and it will come out eventually

i wacked mine for 10 mins

just don't hit the top

 

Thanks for that mate. I've done a bit of researching and supercheap auto apparently sell some tool to get the steering arms off the lower control arm. Costs about $14 so I might just go and check them out.

  • Author

Okay, I finally got the pictures on my computer. These were taken after the rears were only done. I've already got the front ae86 struts in, but haven't had the chance to get the photo's up yet.

 

The front seems to look higher than stock with just the rears done, but it looks alright now with the front done as well.

 

post-4793-1201074809_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201074832_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201074851_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201074868_thumb.jpg

 

Rear suspension are, KYB sierra short stroke shocks with cut AU falcon springs. Springs were 200mm in length free height.

 

Front suspension are standard in the photo's, but they're now standard ADM AE86 struts, brakes, hubs, blah blah, with king springs which were compressed 100mm. They sit low...

  • Author

Here are some pictures with the front suspension installed.

 

post-4793-1201174077_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201174107_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201174128_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201174155_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201174171_thumb.jpg

 

They're just standard ADM AE86 struts, brakes, shocks and compressed king springs. Soon, they'll have some KYB SW20 shocks in them with 8kg springs.

ahahahahah thats sick as

thats megga low ahahahaha

haha this is ghetto, i want one soo bad :)

looking good man , keep it up

  • Author

haha yeah, it sits pretty low, but the rear sierra shocks don't really allow it to go much higher. The fronts should be a little higher once the 8kg springs are in.

 

Mods that are on the list are, some 15x8 wheels with offsets of 0 and ~-12, then 4AGE. :)

hahaha man that sits about as low as mine. i got cuttys all round and it sits 2inchs lower then stock,

the mud guards scrape on everything.

Edited by h1_roll4

wouldnt wanna have to many people in there. lol. i can see you having a car load and it just like scraping every corner. lol

  • Author
hahaha man that sits about as low as mine. i got cuttys all round and it sits 2inchs lower then stock,

the mud guards scrape on everything.

 

I honestly haven't noticed any rubbing so far. The front springs seem a bit soft at the moment and that would cause the front wheels to rub when going over speed bumps too quick, but that's it. I try not to go over speed bumps quicker than 5kmh. haha

  • Author
wouldnt wanna have to many people in there. lol. i can see you having a car load and it just like scraping every corner. lol

 

Hahaha, no need to worry about that. I'm not gonna have more than 2 passengers in my car cause the car's not gonna move if I had a full car load! :)

 

I seriously need to get a new engine/gearbox soon. Every gear except 4th is noisy. Wait till that blows then get a whole new(er) engine and gearbox as an excuse. :dance:

My advice is sell what u got and buy yourself a SX or GTI. If victorian road authorities are anything like New south wales one you will have a f@$king hard time getting the thing passed and registered. If u buy a newer car u will have the 4age, POWER STEERING! and other shit we in the 21st century take for granted each and every day :)

haha yeah, it sits pretty low, but the rear sierra shocks don't really allow it to go much higher. The fronts should be a little higher once the 8kg springs are in.

 

Mods that are on the list are, some 15x8 wheels with offsets of 0 and ~-12, then 4AGE. :)

 

 

8 inch zero offset will need some decent gaurd mods on a xe7x. I could only just get my 15x7, +1s on the rear with some serious heat gun and hammer action. Yours will be half an inch wider outside the gaurd if you get 8'S in the same offset. They'd fit an ae86 easy enough, but not a ke70. Are you gonna run flares? If you just want to lip the gaurds, Id get 15x8, +12. Should fit under nicely.

 

I personally found the sierras to be too low and hard for my purpose. Possibly the worst feeling shock Ive tried to use in the rear. I am looking for traction though, if you just want a go kart setup you can drift, then they should be fine.

 

Looks like a nice place to start from anyhow. Keep us posted!

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.