Adam's Ke70

adam-__-

And I love that it's in my driveway. :dance:

Alright, first off the 8kg springs have GONE!!... back into my car. I personally felt that the 8kg weren't too stiff at all, but a few days ago felt like downgrading to 6kg just to see how much of a difference it really was. I couldn't really be bothered searching and waiting for something to come up so I've decided to keep them in the car.

The rear springs I've got out back work out to be about 6kg as well so I'll be keeping the 8/6 ratio.

Secondly, I've purchased new tyres! Just a pair of 195/50 RE001's for the front wheels. It's the first time purchasing new quality tyres for this car and it's amazing the amount of grip and stability it gives me. Just driving it around town there's a huge difference to what I had. I'm asking myself why I didn't invest in good tyres sooner. People always telling me, but never listened. hahaha

Thirdly, I went to the DrDrift Bushfire Appeal dyno night last night. My standard big port 4AGE with TRD copy extractors and pod pushed out 72.6rwkw. I'm happy with that figure, glad I broke the 70kw bracket. Graph below,

dynoeditwt1.jpg

Shocks look to be sold at the moment, just waiting for money to be deposited into my account.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The day after I got my panhard rod modified, my hub rings turned up. $22 or so, no noticeable difference in the ride, but it's good to know the car's weight is now resting on the hub instead of on the 26 year old wheel studs.

And today I did another compression test on the motor, this time with the throttle wide open and another car battery helping the starter motor turn the engine. I got 215-220 across all cylinders. :P Very happy with those numbers, but it seems a little too high for a standard big port. I really need to get my hands on another tester to make sure these numbers are accurate.

The last time I did the test I got ~200psi in all four, but I think it was the same as this time, it's just that I wasn't reading the meter properly.

When I purchased the motor, the previous owner said the motor was rebuilt with 40thou over sized pistons, but when I changed the head gasket and measured the bore, it was only 81mm (82mm if it really was oversized).

So what does this mean? I've got higher compression than standard (according to those two tests), but it has standard sized pistons and standard head gasket? I'm happy either way, but I just don't understand.

its means you can cut better skids :P

maybe you got some higher comp pistons or maybe head is shaved abit

cheers

Ahahah it's pretty bad with the open wheeler man. But I'm not gonna go back to the locker, over it.

I was thinking it might have some higher compression pistons, small port maybe? I wouldn't think the head was shaved... any way to tell without pulling head off? :P

This is the only few pictures I've got of the pistons.

engine006ur7.jpg

engine003ti3.jpg

engine002qv0.jpg

Not the best pictures at all, but it's all I've got. They measured out to have a 81mm bore so I don't know.. :)

I'm currently looking into cams. Just what duration, lift etc would suit me most. I'm wanting a good street cam and to run with stock ECU. Was thinking 256 degree duration for intake with about 8.0-8.5mm lift and 264 degrees for exhaust, unsure of what lift I should run on this side, but probably 7.9mm or something.

Could go the other way around, larger duration on intake and smaller on exhaust because I've got a after market, higher flowing exhaust/extractors, already so shouldn't be any need to have longer duration cams on that side. Probably do a little more reading and saving..

Edit: I just want more torque and a good, useful power curve while still maintaining standard 7,800rpm rev limit.

Edited by adam-__-

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate. :yes:

Not much has been done to the car since the last update. Have just installed my mates GKtech dished steering wheel and bought a new pair of wheels from yahoo auctions. :lol:

The Aussie dollar sucks ass at the moment, but couldn't help myself. After seeing a few *E7*'s pics from Japan, I couldn't pin point what my car was missing compared to theirs. I'm putting it down to slightly more aggressive wheels up front and a lower ride height. So I went and bought a pair of 15x8 -4 SSR Formula mesh last night. Thought it was going to get out of my budget easy, but when there was a couple of hours left and it hadn't risen, I got Jesse Streeter to bid for me at the last minute, I ended up winning it at 22,000yen. :D

Link to the wheels are below,

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b98181283

And here are some random shots of my car since the last update, nothing special..

dsc01783a.jpg

dsc02256o.jpg

dsc02257e.jpg

Plans are to wait for new wheels to arrive and search for camber tops. Hopefully these wheels will fill in the spots the car's missing out in.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also purchase another big port 4AGE head for $40! Was pretty complete, came with the cam shafts, gears, shims, valves, etc. Only missing cam covers, dizzy, rear water temperature sensor and water outlet pipe thingo. Plans are to put a 7AGE together on the side.. =]

Edited by adam-__-

Awwwesome looking wheels you have coming :yes: Will look unreal when they are fitted. Nice plans on the 7age too. Should give it a little bit more kick. Good luck with it all :lol:

Edit: My bad haha. I do hope that both turn up :D

Edited by bLinded_

Awwwesome looking wheel you have coming :yes: Will look unreal when they are fitted. Nice plans on the 7age too. Should give it a little bit more kick. Good luck with it all :lol:

Ah damn! I just did that joke in your thread! hahaha

Yeah the wheels should look good. Current rear wheels are to be put up front and new ones coming to be put out back, the new wheels are only 2mm more aggressive out back so it shouldn't look too different. I'm happy with the rear wheel's fitment. It was just the fronts..

7AGE is a bit ' :D ' at the moment.