3kr

Rolla__Boy

Not hybrid, all custom. It was built for the TS Cup Starlets in japan in order to break the winning streak of the datsuns and it succeeded on the 24th of November 1973 at Fuji Speedway taking a 1-2 finish.

Ah ha, thanks for the info mate. ;)

Members dont see this ad
Only about 50 billion times. 1293cc 180ps @ 9500 rpm 14.0kg @ 7000rpm.

And if people don't STOP calling it a 3K-R and start calling it by its correct name (150E) I'm going to shoot myself.

Deep breaths...calm blue ocean calm blue ocean....Blame Stewart...he's the one that told me it was a 3KR.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if they used a K-series gearbox with a modified shifter and modified mount or an upright T-series box with a custom bellhousing?

you can get T to K bell housings i brought 1 the other day :dance:

Yes there IS such a thing as an up-right K-T bellhousing, It was a TRD item actually. There is a member looking at diong a re-production group buy!! Have a search in the FS section and you'll find the thread.

The head is a completely custom Tom's item. Forget building a 3K-R if thats what you're thinking..... It'll never happen.

I'm not 100%, but I think these have 3K-R's (150E) in them. :P ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q_0o3O5ZU4

Just make a 4age head fit on a 5k block if you are really bored and have money to waste.

One day out of curiosity I put a 4afe head gasket on top of a 5k block. The bore spacing is pretty much spot on, and the head bolts were just out from memory. Obviously you'd have to suss out the oil and water galleries and work out a cam and oilpump drive setup.

Edited by Felix