Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

Thanks, will do.

 

Still have the rest of the panel's to go... and the interior, but should be ready to assemble next weekend.

Awsome paintwork! keep the happy snaps coming, putting it back together is the best part :(

 

 

No chrome trims?

Edited by ROL-110

  • Author

ALL the chrome trims!! :( didn't have them when we were fixing the body, so filled the holes. Will have to re-drill them.

 

I'm a little worried about what may have been damaged/ lost since the strip down. All the bits have been moved several times.

looks great

 

You sure get a better finish when you strip the car down to paint it.

Much better than masking around window rubbers and shit like that.

Looks good, great that you know someone who can help out for cheap :lolcry:

  • Author

She'd be staying red if I didn't. Decent resprays are not cheap.

 

They're (AJ & Sarah Sims, my brother & sister in law) calling the business Wheatbelt Panel & Paint. It's in Goomalling WA. He's staying away from insurance work as much as he can, would rather do resto's. I don't know if many of you are ready to spend $5k+ on sprucing up your rolla's, but I owe AJ a lot of plugs :lolcry:

Get him on board for Rollaclub members! get him to sponser the site and he might be able to advertise here.

 

Fair enough giving him some Plugs, if I was in WA id throw some work his way just for helping give new

life to a ke10. looks like a decent job too...

 

The worst thing about a full strip down is losing/misplacing some of those precious little parts. some are

hard to replace these days. I'm glad you are going to put the chrome back on :lolcry: I had to redrill holes on my

ke11 as previous owner wasnt keen on the chrome.

 

Scott.

  • Author

Thanks for the comments Scott.

 

More delays ;) Roof had some imperfections so had to be rubbed back to primer.

 

At this stage, I don't care how long, I just want it as close to perfect as possible.

 

On another note, I just brought a 2004 Avalon :D Pick it up Thursday/Friday.

The eb falcoon I brought for a grand when I realised my car wasn't going to be finished in a week, wasn't even able to withstand my driving for 2 months :) Stalls whenever I break.

Thanks for the comments Scott.

 

More delays :D Roof had some imperfections so had to be rubbed back to primer.

 

At this stage, I don't care how long, I just want it as close to perfect as possible.

 

On another note, I just brought a 2004 Avalon :y: Pick it up Thursday/Friday.

The eb falcoon I brought for a grand when I realised my car wasn't going to be finished in a week, wasn't even able to withstand my driving for 2 months ;) Stalls whenever I break.

 

Yeah Ford made it that way as 'fuel saving' :)

  • Author

Hey all, does anyone know if a 3SGTE will fit in a KE10?? They seem to be easier to get hold of than a 7K...

 

 

I'm just talking hypatheticals (distant future plans), wife would kill me if I mentioned an engine swap at the moment.

 

Gavclassic, where did you get your 7K?

  • Author

**UPDATE**

 

Car was all painted and put together, but AJ (the guy doing the job) was not happy with the lines on the doors, bonnet, boot lid and guards.

It was good, but not perfect....

So the whole thing is getting re-done, and this time the engine bay is gettng resprayed as well. We are not rushing this time so it's looking like another month or two.

 

AJ has very high standards, and is hoping the Rolla will be an example of these high standards. I thought the thing looked good, but as this is a love job and planned to be used as a demo car for Wheatfields Pannel & Paint Goomalling, I don't want to make him rush out a car he is not 100% satisfied with.

He is not happy for me to put up any current pictures, so I won't be putting up any pics for a while but I'll keep you all updated.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Not much to update. AJ has gone over the car and marked every slight imperfection, and is working through fixing these. Hopefully I can talk him into taking some pic soon.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

67Rolla looks like it has a new engine on the way :y:

 

 

 

 

 

And hopefully I can twist some arms into supplying some goodies to add to this engine...

  • Author

Just got this delivered from the US. Everyone at work thinks I'm mad...

P9170001.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.