May 8, 200818 yr Author comment_244977 Thanks gents! Have been up late every night working on this, i have bolted the tri on and re-assembled most of the engine bay, attention to detail is lacking at present, as i need this car going asap. heres the motor going in.... I failed to measure weather the bodgy sump will clear everything, the swaybar is fighting the sump for room.... :hmm: So i thought it might slip past once the engine is in position, so i unbolted the stabilizer arms from the front, and slid the motor into position. This is sitting on the mounts all sweet. The swaybar has slipped past but is still touching the sump, so thats tomorrows job. cos I'm exhausted, and can't handle another late night... Report
May 8, 200818 yr comment_244983 This is cool to see. Very interesting EFI set up. Looks like its meant to be. The colour, the car, the whitewalls, the new engine, the ideas. Love it all. Excellent work. Keep up the work, along with the pictures. :) :hmm: ;) Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245181 top work once again. about ur sump/sway bar issue. all u need is a hammer, maybe some heat. just ease a nice dent in the sump until it clears by a few MMs its all youll need. cheers, scott Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245185 Very good mate. I wish I had the skill that you posses. The car is looking sweet, so you will have your license back soon ey? You'll have to bring this beast along to my "Best Of All" Cruise. Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245199 Very good mate. I wish I had the skill that you posses. The car is looking sweet, so you will have your license back soon ey? You'll have to bring this beast along to my "Best Of All" Cruise. Yes it would be great to have a few KE25's on the cruise ;) :) :hmm: Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245227 Hey Matt, was just wondering what the efi setup is off, could you let us know ? Thanks, Dougal Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245281 EFI setup is from a 4K-E :D pretty sure. coz I'm pretty sure the the 7K injection has shorter runners. both are hard to come by, sometimes pop up on trade me. cheers, scott Report
May 9, 200818 yr comment_245320 EFI setup is from a 4K-E :D pretty sure. coz I'm pretty sure the the 7K injection has shorter runners. both are hard to come by, sometimes pop up on trade me. cheers, scott Thanks scott, will look into it some more :) Report
May 10, 200818 yr comment_245380 Scott's right, Its definatelty a 4ke setup yep.. i used to have one on mine, shit of a thing to work on when they are in a ke10 cheers darren Report
May 17, 200818 yr Author comment_247039 Thanks gents, i didnt know what the efi is off either, i bought it like this. Hey scott the big hammer worked a treat, shes in there and bolted up, a bit messy but I'm in a hurry. This weeks dilemmas: After hooking all wires up i checked for the first 'vital', spark. Had none, so tried a few different dizzys, checked all wires, remade some wires, ect ect. Come thursday, still no results. So out came the electronic dizzy, and back in with the points.........yay! at least i have spark now! Will persevere with the electronic one later. Now i have spark, it seems i have no fuel. so i went and bought some injector testers, and happily there is an injector pulse. So after trying all sorts of fuel setting i decide, the injectors must be seized. So i used the 550cc injectors out of the other rola. I put in 3x550cc, and one camry one, and she started, and ran! It was only running on 3 but after awhile the camry injector decided to work. So i slowly did this until all of the camry injetors were in and working. Anyways, now i did a quick tune with the screwdriver :S , and shes running a treat. Now i just have to hook up gearbox linkages, and tailshaft, and go for a spin! Report
May 17, 200818 yr comment_247042 Good to hear its now running. Any vids from when you took it for a spin ? :S Report
May 17, 200818 yr comment_247043 I'm impressed. Being absolutely hopeless at mechanics, I would have thought for sure this would need to be set up in a shop before it would run. Did your car have a computer/ECU before the EFI (it has one now right?)? I have always hated the idea of putting EFI in my KE10. She has no electronics, and this makes her very simple to work on, but not very fast. You're starting to change my mind! Report
May 17, 200818 yr comment_247055 I'm a mechanic by trade. BIG hammers are my friends :S love your work. cheers, scott Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now