Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Superlites

Featured Replies

Wow perth is expensive!!!

in adelaide tyre pro at hackem quoted me $160 per rim!!

i heard perth is more expensive than sydney now, thanks to the mining boom.

Ok... here are the superlites on the rolla... more of just the wheel than the car itself, but it's dark so I'll get shots tomorrow or something... basically they look so gooooooooooooooooooood. Here is the link to my projects thread so you can see what they look like.

 

It ended up costing $1450 cause he dropped the price because we thought that the card I was using only had 850 and I had already paid 600 deposit. So yeah... here are the specs as more or less written on the invoice:

 

PERF SUPERLITE 15X6, $225 (each) ($900)

MAXXIS 205/50R14 86V MAV1, $119 (each) ($476)

PROBASE 'BRONZE' WHEEL BALANCE $10 (each) ($40)

LOCKNUTS (NOT lugnuts haha) ($34)

 

What do you guys think? I find it strange that he dropped it by so much... but they have had those rims sitting there for ages apparently cause the guy who ordered them never picked them up so he kinda wanted to get rid of them...

 

Cheers for your help. :n: I'm very happy with my buy. :( :)

Those tires are wrong for the rims

 

One the tires are 14 inch and the rims are 15 inch.

195/50/15 will sit on the rim better than a 205, You can do better than maxxis for that price.

That wheel balance price is a bit expensive but i get mine done for free so...

Wow perth is expensive!!!

in adelaide tyre pro at hackem quoted me $160 per rim!!

 

That's because the Performance Superlites are manufactured in Adelaide, therefore they don't need to be sent interstate. :(

I paid 160 or 180 for each of my new 14x6 superlites. With OK tires it was $1100. That was a bit over a year ago, and includes getting them to Tassie.

15x6 :(

 

ajps do them 15x8 -4 offset for $240 a rim

 

i didnt realize supers came in 15x6...

  • Author

Are Pirelli Dragons better than Maxxis? Only $4 difference.. I don't know shit about tyres OR rims as you can tell haha.. and I think 205/50R14 was written down wrong.. I'm pretty sure it was 205/50R15; I remember the guy saying it.

 

"I paid 160 or 180 for each of my new 14x6 superlites. With OK tires it was $1100."

 

Aren't my rims bigger than yours though? Which would make them a bit more expensive? What qualifies as OK tires? Like everyone is saying, I guess prices differ between states.

Edited by Mybowlcut

Ok... here are the superlites on the rolla... more of just the wheel than the car itself, but it's dark so I'll get shots tomorrow or something... basically they look so gooooooooooooooooooood. Here is the link to my projects thread so you can see what they look like.

 

It ended up costing $1450 cause he dropped the price because we thought that the card I was using only had 850 and I had already paid 600 deposit. So yeah... here are the specs as more or less written on the invoice:

 

PERF SUPERLITE 15X6, $225 (each) ($900)

MAXXIS 205/50R14 86V MAV1, $119 (each) ($476)

PROBASE 'BRONZE' WHEEL BALANCE $10 (each) ($40)

LOCKNUTS (NOT lugnuts haha) ($34)

 

What do you guys think? I find it strange that he dropped it by so much... but they have had those rims sitting there for ages apparently cause the guy who ordered them never picked them up so he kinda wanted to get rid of them...

 

Cheers for your help. :lolcry: I'm very happy with my buy. :( :)

 

i would recomend either bridge stone potenza's (grid 2 or 3) or yokohama c-drivers, I'm not sure what sizes yokies come in for 15".

 

maxxis=arsebag

pirelli dragons..?? i have never used them put i had some p6000's in a 195/50 and they where absolute rubbish, on par with sava intenzas (also very shit)

 

best 15" tyre i have used where cheaper yokahama advans, they where progressive, very good grip, and lasted quite a while (a 50+lap track day, hills driving, drifting, daily) and they wher 40% when i got them :n: not sure how much they are new or whata modle they where.

 

also yeah a 195 in 50/55 profile. atleast get 7" wide anyless is for girls. these prices smell like rat to me, i think he is takaing you for a ride as they say....

 

a wheel balance is only as good as the person using the machine, old machines can be very accureate, just if the oporator is lazy and dosent take a little extra time to get it spot on then yeah... i worked at good year and if it was within 5grams then it was considered alright, within 10 grams and you put it on the rear was what one old gy used to do, id do it properly aang get it within about 2 grams (out of round wheels can muck up the reading).

i would recomend either bridge stone potenza's (grid 2 or 3) or yokohama c-drivers, I'm not sure what sizes yokies come in for 15".

 

 

Yup, i can vouch for both of those types of tyre....i have the Yoko C-drives on the car atm and its a real pleasure to drive. I had the GIII's before them and they are still going strong on my mums car 3 years later....and she does ALOT of driving...lol

  • Author

Cheers for the advice guys.

 

Is it worth changing tyres now though? Why 195 and not 205? I thought 205 was wider?

yyea they are wider but you don't want extra tyre width, because you will get too much side wall flex, thats an expensive price for only 6 in wide

  • Author

Oh ok... so I'll use these ones up and then get 195s? Or should I sell these ones now? Would anyone even buy them? Haha.

 

What is side wall flex and what does it do?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.