Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Featured Replies

Nice mower in the background of the last pic (sorry, I do them up for extra money after work... lol)

 

Looks like you are progressing well, my ke20 has been put off for way too long :thumbsup:

  • Replies 407
  • Views 857.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thanks for the kind words guys.   I took the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend as I was going waterskiing with mates. Car ran pretty well but I think I have a blocked PCV, there was some oil leakag

  • Your 20 looked great at Classic Japan today, so bloody clean.    

  • Cheers guys, will definately be up for a cruise when i get it all put together. :)

  • Author
Nice mower in the background of the last pic (sorry, I do them up for extra money after work... lol)

 

Looks like you are progressing well, my ke20 has been put off for way too long :(

 

LOL Cheers mate, the mower is probably tougher than the old 3k ! (Something to fix when I have rego)

A mate welded up the gaurd for me at his work yesterday, but I will need to get him to redo some of it. (When I ground back the welds

there was a few holes) I spose the thin rusy steel makes things difficult.

 

I stripped the front of the doorjams today (where the hinges bolt in). Slowly getting there !

I need to keep moving so I can be ready for topcoat soon as the weather slowly turns to shit.

 

Having the semester off because of my operation means I have plenty of time to work on the car which is nice (not much money though becuase I can't go back to work yet).

  • Author

100_2684.jpg

 

Front of doorjams stripped and etch primed;

 

100_2687.jpg

 

100_2688.jpg

 

100_2693.jpg

 

100_2694.jpg

  • Author

I have now stripped the gutters and down the C pillars. Unfortunately my mate has taken his compressor back for a bit so this limits what I can do. The weather is slowly turning crap in Melbourne at the moment which makes things difficult for paint and panel in my outdoor work area. Due to this I'm trying to keep things moving as much as possible.

 

100_2699.jpg

 

100_2700.jpg

 

100_2704.jpg

  • Author

Hey guys, today I etch primed the bits I stripped yesterday. Suprisingly orange peel does not seem to be much of an issue even though it was reasonably cold when I was spraying. I used a direct drive compressor my cousin loaned me a while back because I still don't have my mates back. The thing was absolutely hopeless ! The pressure regulator was terrible and so I had it wound out completely at apparantley 100psi line pressure! lol

It also struggled to keep up with the small amount of painting I was doing, I often had to pause to let it catch up.

I hope it does'nt die before I get the other one back, I don't really want to buy my cousin a new one (even though it would be dirt cheap).

 

Yesterday I received my new dash pad in the mail, cheers Raven :wink:

 

I'm pretty stoked because my mates have just bought an awesome sandblasting cabinet, so I will be able to do all my door hinges and my fuel flap hinge. Should be an intersting little job, save a bit of cash and it sure beats hand sanding them !

 

100_2705.jpg

 

100_2707.jpg

 

100_2708.jpg

 

100_2709.jpg

  • Author

I have spot filled a few pockmarks in the doors, now I'm just waiting on the compressor. It's frustrating because I can't progress further untill

I have it !

 

100_2710.jpg

 

100_2712.jpg

  • Author

Thanks mate, hopefully !

It won't be perfect but at least I have improved things. It's been good to hone my skills so my next project is a step better.

 

Today's weather in Melbourne was beautiful ! :jamie: I spot filled a little more, then rubbed back and layed down some highfill. I also began to baremetal

the back of the bonnet and will continue this tomorrow then etch prime. My mate who is now into his second car re-build and respray is going to give the centre

of the bonnet a go for me, this should improve things as he has a reasonable hand for repairs now.

 

100_2714.jpg

 

100_2715.jpg

  • Author

Finished stripping the bonnet today before giving it a coat of etch, and taking it round to my mates place.

 

100_2716.jpg

 

100_2717.jpg

 

100_2718.jpg

  • Author

Thanks mate, getting close now.

Hopefully it's only a matter of weeks now before I'm ready for topcoat.

It gets more and more exciting with every update! top effort as always ;)

  • Author

Thanks Matt, I'm starting to see the end in sight now too ;)

Rubbed off some more spot filler today and primed the bootlid, doors and front gaurd.

I'm waiting on my left gaurd back from my mate so I can get that done.

  • Author

Today I guidecoated the rear left 1/4, rubbed it back and spot filled any pockmarks. Will prime it tomorrow.

 

Also I received my Hayashi Streets (13x6 +8) thanks to LukeAE71 :dance: I think they will come up tops with some paint, a polish, and some nice centrecaps and chrome nuts.

 

100_2719.jpg

 

And just for laughs a test fitment minus a tyre;

100_2721.jpg

Edited by Doogs

Nice progress dude :dance:

 

If you want to paint the car with the rubbers on the windscreen, i found a really cool trick so you don't get those ugly mask lines around the rubber. Just get some wipper snipper line and push it under the rubber just slightly. That way the rubber is raised up and you can get paint under it. When it comes time to finish, you pull the line out and the rubber sits back on top of the paint just like as if the rubber has been removed for painting :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.