My Ke 11

TOMMYS Ke 11

Members dont see this ad

Hi all thanks for your comments, the little rolla is coming along great and won't be to much longer of the road, with sll the mods up front it should handle a lot better and also go a lot harder with new 5k engine build once again thanks Stu (kickn5k) for all your help and those photos help explain where a lot of those brackets in the kit go HAHA anyway we will keep you updated with the final stages of VERSION 3(the little rolla will be back).

Cheers Stuart.

What are the specs on that front end ??? Like parts etc ?

Looks good mate :happy: Good to see it will be running again soon and hopefully will go good :wink:

See ya

Jimi

Hi Jimi as you can see in the photos all i have done is slotted the holes in the cross member where the wishbones bolt on and then split a peice of tube, fitted it over the wishbone pivot arm and welded allthread to it which run back to a centre pivot point to help line every thing up. We have also fitted otomoto adjustable coil overs as well as camber tops which we are running the opposite way to allow us to lay the struts back around 3-5 degrees, also fitting whiteline sway bar so hope all this will make the little rolla handle a lot better and as we were very happy with 91.7 RWHP out of the 4k we can only hope for a bit more from the 5k build.

Cheers Stuart.

Very cool, I like your adjustment system. I'd like to know how it goes.

Just some food for thought, with the slot setup, under high cornering load, you may find the friction grip of the bolts isn't enough and the bolts might wander within their slots, putting your alignment out. Take a look at my image below.

You might get very high friction on the bolt washers, but keep in mind that the ratio of control arm length to distance between bolts is quite high and magnifies the force. It also means a minor shift at the bolts is much greater at the ball joint.

In this case, a designer will always put a second 'hard' interface in to prevent this happening, like a machined edge to run against, or two shoulder bolts in each finely toleranced slot. I'd hate to think what a sudden geometry change could do after diving hard on the brakes.

post-2873-0-59060800-1320126578_thumb.jpg

Very cool, I like your adjustment system. I'd like to know how it goes.

Just some food for thought, with the slot setup, under high cornering load, you may find the friction grip of the bolts isn't enough and the bolts might wander within their slots, putting your alignment out. Take a look at my image below.

You might get very high friction on the bolt washers, but keep in mind that the ratio of control arm length to distance between bolts is quite high and magnifies the force. It also means a minor shift at the bolts is much greater at the ball joint.

In this case, a designer will always put a second 'hard' interface in to prevent this happening, like a machined edge to run against, or two shoulder bolts in each finely toleranced slot. I'd hate to think what a sudden geometry change could do after diving hard on the brakes.

Hi there Philbey I do under stand what you are saying and will defintly look into making sure there will be no movement after the final wheel alignment has been done, as you are probally aware the pivot arms that hold the wish bones on are heavily nearled to give grip to the cross member and as you can see in the pictures the centre pivot bolt set up i have made is fairly heavy and should also help with holding the alignment in place.We will keep you all updated with the final outcome.

Cheers Stuart.

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone just a quick up date ;got the new motor back in yesterday and new exhurst fitted today :) ,now i'm plumbing up the new holley red fuel pump along with safty shut off switch and return tank pressure regulator also wiring up the new autometer oil,temp and 10thou rev tacho :y:. Hi there Philbey just an update on the front end i have now put set bolts front,back on each side of the cross member that push up against the block nuts that hold the wishbones on so now when we tighten the centre tee bolt arragement up that i made it all locks up tight with no chance of any movement :dance:.I am picking up a 15 inch rim with a 60 series tyre tomorrow to try as a dummy fit if any one out there are running 15s on there ke10-11 we would be keen to here from you as to what offset you are running :hmm: it would be a great help in trying to find rims that fit :hmm: anyway i will get Thomas to put some more photos up for you all to hopefully enjoy how it is all coming together. We have it booked in for running in on the dyno just after xmas,can,t wait to see what figures we get from the 5k????anyway by for now and i wish you all a very merry xmas and happy new year for 2012.

regards:- Stuart.