Murd's 55

Murd 55

so today so far ive stripped both rear vents out (i had only done one in black, slack i know.) so ive stripped both out sanded them both back with corase then fine sand paper, a lick of primer then some nice shitty black paint and have so far only put one back in. hehe.

whilst doin this i also took the tubing for the vent from inside the car and sprayed the opening black as well as it had traces of silver from the cars respray and it looked shit to be brutally honest. i also did a little black on the exterior of the car where the vents sit to be 100% sure no silver would come through.

i have also stripped the grill off the front of the old girl and given her a lick of black paint behind as it was painted silver and honestly looked dreadful when looking at the grill at the wrong angle.

i have taken some pictures but will upload them all later when i can be bothered, as clearly i still have another vent to put back in :hmm:

Members dont see this ad

I'm actually looking into an apprenticeship as a panel beater and spray painter, so then i should be super hot right?

i also just resprated the front spoiler as over time it has gotten stone chips. just a quick rattle can job of course, still looks the goods, thats the beauty of using satin black XD

Would be a good skill to master, also panel beaters must have hard core arm muscles, mine get tired after about 5 minutes of sanding haha, i'd take the spray painter side, let everyone else do the hard work and you get the cream job of just laying on the colour.

Would be a good skill to master, also panel beaters must have hard core arm muscles, mine get tired after about 5 minutes of sanding haha, i'd take the spray painter side, let everyone else do the hard work and you get the cream job of just laying on the colour.

but i bet the first person they'll go screaming to is you if it doesn't look 100% .... even IF it wasn't your fault!!

looking very nice murd :hmm:

if nothing comes up soon will possibly do an Cert II in Automotive Vehicle Body, which is well looked upon for an apprenticeship as a panel beater or a spray painter XD

If you really want a apprenticeship, Go to tafe and ask who the panel beater apprentices worked for last intake 2007 & or 2008 then travel around to those business asking for an apprenticeship.

If you really want a apprenticeship, Go to tafe and ask who the panel beater apprentices worked for last intake 2007 & or 2008 then travel around to those business asking for an apprenticeship.

that sounds like a rather good idea, thing is not many workshops going to give an apprenticeship to a girl, with no experience as such in the industry. kind of a false hope to expect it would happen.