• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hoping everyone managed to survive the silly season and keep some funds for this outing!

certainly helps that petrol has dropped in price, now it'll cost us 15% less of SFA to run our rolla's.

for nobbler, it'll mean the tanker he bought just lost 15% of its goods' value :P

dF

where do i pay?

Hey andy, i think you have to send Jarrad a PM and let him know how many people are coming with you. He will reply to you with his bank details.

I think he still might not have internet because he just moved house. Its $10 deposit per person.

Hey guys, haven't had net for a bit. Just after some exact dates to say to work "i need this/these days off". Not sure if i can do the whole run or just a day trip and head back lateish sat night. Also a suitable meet point for me to catch up with you guys, either eastish melbs or geelong or something? Anyone else coming from this side of vic??

Hey guys, haven't had net for a bit. Just after some exact dates to say to work "i need this/these days off". Not sure if i can do the whole run or just a day trip and head back lateish sat night. Also a suitable meet point for me to catch up with you guys, either eastish melbs or geelong or something? Anyone else coming from this side of vic??

Hey mate, I'll be coming from Ferntree gully and going on the princess Hwy to the meeting point I could meet you somewhere along the way if you want.

Here is a link to everything you will need to know. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=25932

On another note... Where is Jarrad???

Clown, msg Butty, he'll be coming from 'rat for the cruise. otherwise myself and nobbler will be leaving from Bacchus.

first meet point will be Waurn Ponds (99% sure anyway) on the far side of Geeeeelong.

as for days off, you'll need the 3 day weekend (Sat Sun Mon). drive to Port Fairy saturday, cruising most of sunday, drive home monday.

if you do need to head back saturday, you should be alright to hang around and meet the SA people that make the trip, then leave around 3-4pm to go home via GOR.

the question is, which way are people heading down - with the introduction of the ring road, its quicker to go via the hamilton highway, and far less stressful too...could always meet at the servo's at avalon, then head from there...

This route doesn't even include the ring road - and it was the one that came up first...

Edited by Bowler

Ok,

The route I had planned at first was only looked at from Waurn Ponds, our first official meet point, just past Geelong.

From Waurn Ponds to Port Fairy via a stop at Camperdown the trip had come in at 206km and 2h 55mins. From Geelong itself if we were to head up to the hamilton highway via lismore were only up for and extra 15odd km's and about 20mins.

The main reason why the princes highway was chosen was to make the trip a little more enjoyable. We came back that way last year and there are some sights to see such as an old volcano (!) and for people that need it there are many more towns to stop for fuel in.

Just realised, when changing the stop from lismore to camperdown with the same start and finish there is 2km and 5mins difference. So either way we are doing the same travel.

I havent included other meet points for other groups around the city. It gets too complicated to organise with people coming from all over the city as well and some travelling from Torquay, Bacchus Marsh, Bendigo, Ballarat etc etc. I'm sure we can all sort that out umongst ourselves?

JP

Hey boys and girls. After some hard work grinding to fit the clutch i replaced the blown k50 with my original k40 :y: But unfortunately won't be able to come for the whole trip as i need to be at work. I will have to come down with you on the Saturday and leave late afternoon. At least i can still say hello to all of you that i've met before and havent met at all. The 4 speed is going to make the freeway fun!

Matt.