Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great way to start off :D

anyway, thenobbler has managed to get free tickets to the drive-in tonite, which normally would mean squat....

except that "love my beast" will be playing!!! bring on Uncle Chop-Chop!!!

my omg is that my work is screwed financially, they are now talking 4 day weeks and closing the factory for april due to it only, realistically, being a 2 week month for us. we have a backlog until early october, but nothing much past that and no new orders coming in.

might be time to jump ship I think.

I can always go back to doing mechanical work at a few different places or on the side for cash, BUT in this sort of economical climate, people don't like to spend on cars, or I could go work as a labourer for one of the family in the building side of things, good money, hard work, just a bit up and down with the weather etc etc.

Anyone need a marketing assistant, few years experience, halfway through a degree?

I could easily get a job in the CBD for similar money to what I'm on now, but I would go insane travelling in there everyday and working outdoors again might be a good change....

I'm just scared shitless at the moment, I have a mortgage to worry about, we have enough in the bank to get us through 3 months of repayments, but not much past that

my omg is that my work is screwed financially, they are now talking 4 day weeks and closing the factory for april due to it only, realistically, being a 2 week month for us. we have a backlog until early october, but nothing much past that and no new orders coming in.

might be time to jump ship I think.

We've survived almost going into a similar situation, was announced last Friday that we've merged with a bunch of other companies to form a consolidated services provider, fortunately none of the merged companies have overlapping scope with us so no loss of jobs etc (at least for now), and sudden availability of large amounts of capital. If we'd stuck at going as a family company and didn't manage to get these vehicles out the door in probably the next 3-4 months, we would have been completely screwed - most of our suppliers have put us on stop-credit, we're behind on a lot of accounts,

yup, we are still trying to pay some seven and 14 day accounts from december, none of my recent logistics invoices have been paid (leaves me with lots of angry truckies to deal with)

We are pretty much halfway up the brown creek, trying to paddle with a couple paddle pop sticks.

my omg

took 3 hours to 3/4 pack everything up from my mates that I'm buying the giant 4age/ae71/ke70 ackage from....and we still didnt finish packing! didnt even get it on the trailer!!!

so now i have to go out there on thursday and pack the other stuff then put it on the trailer to cart it down to work!!

will be worth it though :) can't wait!

OMG I think I have finally plugged my heater leak. :)

Last night my sister commented how she wanted out of the business partnership with my boss and wanted me to become his new partner :( I wont push it tho.

Oh and a work mate has offered to rebuild my twin SU's for me :(

I'm just scared shitless at the moment, I have a mortgage to worry about, we have enough in the bank to get us through 3 months of repayments, but not much past that

I know the feeling with that.

Which leads to my OMG is that for the past week work has really slowed down to a point yesterday we had about five orders to fill for the whole day. Cleaning something thats already clean gets a bit much. Which had management walking around preying like vultures or something looking for staff cuts.

But today it was totally different, one guy down and no time to even scratch one's rearend. One company that had been on hold cause of overdue accounts has finely had their debt paid off and their orders are just flying in.

It was like "Oh My God", we have real work to do and not make work things. Hope it lasts...

I work in the automotive industry and the days are up and down as well.

A lot of people are on stop-supply, which makes for less work coming in, though today we were two people down, the same as yesterday, yet under the pump like you wouldnt believe. I don't think I got some quiet time without the phones ringing off the hook until 11.30am.

My OMG for the day is I'm sick of the work computers being slow and not working like they should! Why the hell don't they do their updates outside of work hours!

I like how I'm a collective "They" like I'm part of the Borg.

You will be assimilated!

...Makes me feel rather inhuman but :(

or, you could be the "they" - da management - that hale & pace represent :) thank you for re-opening the thread :(

Omg, gwhd> I planned a big camping trip with my work mates and we are leaving on Friday morning. Today when driving home, my brakes started grinding :) By the time i noticed it happen, the auto shop's was closed. I have to fix them tomorrow some how :( I don't want to do this but i think I'll have to ring a mobile mechanic. I wonder how they are going to like it when i ring them and say i need it done today. I don't like my odds.. :D

Ps. Thanks for opening the thread Ben :(

sum nut in a yellow corolla reved his 5k behind me on the riverside expressway....

....obviosuly he respected my ride and that was his way of saying, i was supreme.

was waiting to get onto local streets but he turned off early. this may have been because of fear...I'm not sure

was cool driving in the same lane with another rolla, was jip btw.

.....Which had management walking around preying like vultures or something looking for staff cuts.

OMG our management did the same thing today and actually made the cuts. Well, about 3 days ago. I'm working on a fee earning project so I'm all good, but my mate got nailed. Wouldn't surprise me if there's round two.....