Vic Wreckers

biG-tai

Does anyone know if there are any slant front ke70 csx's or ae71 csx's down at Centre road wreckers? I'm hunting for a genuine csx tape deck but have had no luck so far.

Gavclassic replied offering me tape deck and console and I replied back requesting only tape deck and relevant wiring but have not heard back back from him.

Thanks,

Ben.

Below is a photo of the tape deck.

ae71tapedeck.jpg

They had a big clean up.

Last week there was only one *E7* flat front. They were aussie built so I imagine some nissans may have came out with the same cassette. Do you have a close up?

Boo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They had a big clean up.

Last week there was only one *E7* flat front. They were aussie built so I imagine some nissans may have came out with the same cassette. Do you have a close up?

Boo

Hey Boo,

I have an enlargened version of the same photo. The quality isnt the clearest but it should you give you a better idea. This this a genuine ae71 csx unit, marked Toyota made by Phillips.

bigdeck.jpg

Hey Boo,

I have an enlargened version of the same photo. The quality isnt the clearest but it should you give you a better idea. This this a genuine ae71 csx unit, marked Toyota made by Phillips.

bigdeck.jpg

that could be tricky. I've seen similar (not the same) in 80's taragos. It had the silver face. I also think the early hatch type (sv10?) camrys had something like it. I take back the nissan thing. It's time to hunt down early 80s Toyota luxury.

Maybe cressida?

I was stoked when I saw my '50 came with it's "in dash" tape deck. very 70's though.

Boo

Earlier this year, I was sorely tempted to bid on a brand new cartridge player on Yahoo that was an option on the KE/TE2x range. I think I missed the close for some reason, and didn't get it.

Edited by parrot

No tapes, but had all the accessory wiring, brackets etc in the box. Missed the end first time and didn't sell, and was outbid the second time I think from memory.

Thought it might have been a bit of a laugh. Could of sourced some old Moody Blues, Pink Floyd or whatever :)

Hey Ben,

I checked centre road today. No luck. there was a new slanty, but it had a silver ferris tape deck. I looked in early 80's luxury but they all had Toyota radio/tape combos.

On the plus side I saw a crown with a dial radio, that self seeks. if you ever get the chance to see one of these work, do it. they are super cool. Also had radio controls in the back of the console for the back seat!

good luck, I'll keep my eyes out,

Boo

Hey Ben,

I checked centre road today. No luck. there was a new slanty, but it had a silver ferris tape deck. I looked in early 80's luxury but they all had Toyota radio/tape combos.

On the plus side I saw a crown with a dial radio, that self seeks. if you ever get the chance to see one of these work, do it. they are super cool. Also had radio controls in the back of the console for the back seat!

good luck, I'll keep my eyes out,

Boo

Thanks for remembering Boo, we'll find one eventually! :)

ke30 at pick a part cambelfield

overrated REAR LIGHTS AND BUMBER!

That whole car was bloody overrated, except the small front end bingle. Not one spec of rust on any panel or body part. It had one of the best cream non cracked vinyl interiors I've seen for a very long time.

• 3 weeks later...

i was down there yesterday and there are two ae82 twincams. there is also a red seca that might have the early guards. (don't know how to tell the difference)

i can only remember two ke35s and the usual smattrering of XE7Xs.