Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rollaclub.com Suggestion Box

Featured Replies

Whats your main gripe with those kind of people? I suspect it might be easier to solve those problems than trying to stop them all together. We've tried a couple of times in the past and theres always unwanted side effects that are worse than the original problem. Its not something that particularly bothers me, if they want to advertise then it satisfies their need and provides a larger number of items and opportunities for regular members.

I'll agree with you on the up side of increased opportunities.

But, something like this http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...851#entry407055 gets a little annoying at times (and no i'm not singling out this post just using it for an example and that is all) but can something be done to, say, "enforce" adding contact details (land line, mobile, email....) so that an interested party doesn't have to post on the thread or try their luck with a PM. And the seller disappears never to be heard of again but their sale thread gets bumped back to the top every so often with the words "Is it still up for sale ?"

I notice the for sale area is starting to get rather cluttered so perhaps its time to start subdividing it?

Subdividing ? In what way ? State by state ? I'd be interested in that. The number of times i've come across the heading of a thread stating the stuff i'd be interested in only to find out its way down in Victoria. :shakes the fist: damn you mexicans, always have the good stuff :)

  • Replies 197
  • Views 129k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • OR we just help the noobs, even if its rehashing the same old question.   You and I were both noobs once, you've gotta cut them some slack if they have no experience with the topic at hand.   Redi

  • B.L.Z.BUB
    B.L.Z.BUB

    Just link your profile page. Write the name, highlight it, hit the link button, paste the URL for whoevers page you want.   Like this Trev.  

Posted Images

I'll agree with you on the up side of increased opportunities.

But, something like this http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...851#entry407055 gets a little annoying at times (and no i'm not singling out this post just using it for an example and that is all) but can something be done to, say, "enforce" adding contact details (land line, mobile, email....) so that an interested party doesn't have to post on the thread or try their luck with a PM. And the seller disappears never to be heard of again but their sale thread gets bumped back to the top every so often with the words "Is it still up for sale ?"

 

Subdividing ? In what way ? State by state ? I'd be interested in that. The number of times i've come across the heading of a thread stating the stuff i'd be interested in only to find out its way down in Victoria. :shakes the fist: damn you mexicans, always have the good stuff :)

 

My little oi! it's always in QLD/SA. I agree; free for all is ok, just start the post with a state!!

Yeah state is good but also personal contact details (at least an email)

Tho it sounds good to have it split up into states some poeple still don't mind paying postage and having it shipped if they can't find it locally. Maybe instead of state by state have it set up like the tech section. KExx and so on, wheels etc.

 

Just an idea.

Don't mind paying for postage but i'd sooner look local first and then spread myself out and about.

 

JiP's idea sounds pretty good. But then there's also the people that are selling multiply items but different parts - eg: a seat, a window, wheels. Keep it all in the one section, say, the wheels section, which in turn lowers the number of "hits" the seller gets for their seat or window or spread the items around into each section bringing up the number of threads but it increases the number of "hits" the seller gets.

 

How about a separate "state search" function just for the market place

  • Author
How about a separate "state search" function just for the market place

 

Already being worked on :)

Well you know how you have to choose your state when you post the topic? Could you make it that you have a choice of say 3 drop down boxes that your post applies to? IE you choose KE3x/55 for one and KE2x for another. Then say if you don't have a 3rd selection its just voided.

 

How about that?

 

I like the current filter. I think its a good start.

  • 1 month later...

some sort of auto update for the forum/home page that you can set how oftern to get updated?

  • Author
There are soooooo many sets of rims for sale. Be cool to have their own place. Tho mungimods would prob just buy them all...

 

I'm trying to avoid fragmenting the for sale areas for the moderators sake at the moment. Before I made it absolutely mandatory some people couldn't even manage to remember to put their location in so what hope do we have of them being able to categorise items correctly? I don't use the for sale area so I tend not to see the issues there but if this is what people genuinely want then I'll find a way to make it work.

 

 

some sort of auto update for the forum/home page that you can set how oftern to get updated?

 

I can't really justify using data and server resources for this, particularly when a lot of page refreshes will go unviewed. Theres probably a firefox plugin that will do it for you >|. I might consider revamping the front page with some ajax polling for the topics in the future. I'm assuming its the topics you're refreshing it for?

  • 1 month later...

It would be great to see a more in depth FAQ section.

 

example = fuel systems. EFI complete step by step threw of how to install fuel pumps etc including relevant info on lines, suggested pump/lift pump part numbers or different pumps that could be used or not be used. Surge tanks, capacity, undercarriage and in boot installation, stocko 4age pump/fuel requirements, big HP 4AGZE/TE requirements etc. This info could be gathered from various members build threads and collated.

 

don't take my request as being condescending or dumping s--t on the members that have submitted there tutorials as that is certainly not my intention. If it wasn't for everyone's build pages and input to the site, I wouldn't have learnt as much as I have. I'm also aware that this would be a time consuming process. When I'm done with my car and if I feel I could make a positive contribution to area's of the FAQ, I will if its wanted. For example when I put my 4AGE/T50 into KE30, Ill do autocad drawings and take photos for the engine mounts and gearbox xmember that I make if that's any help.

 

The reason why I bring this up is because when using the search function I get alot of irrelevant posts that I need to sift threw usually not finding what I'm looking for. Also it would stop newbs like me asking what might seem as dumb questions that I'm sure the old timers around here must roll there eyes at cause the questions have been asked many times before.

 

 

anywhoo's

Yeah i've noticed that. A nice big ol update would be pretty ideal.

 

Some of the stuff that you've said can be found in the tech section

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.