Oke020

oke020

Nitrous? OMG where does it end mate.....I like it :y:

You might have to put some landing gear under this for it's re-entry (it's going to go into space with all that power in a KE20)

OKE You are clear for take-off .....

Lol

hemi 6, nah not 800-1000 yet, made just short of 500rwhp on pump and on lowest boost the wastegates could hold, its hard to get it to show power on the dyno though as it has a 6000rpm convertor. Wont be using the shot the entire way, its configured to activate over 3000rpm and deactivate over 6000rpm, and only on 95% or more throttle etc so its there just as a kick up the backside before it makes boost.

Members dont see this ad

Glad the cars alright after powercruise, that must have been some seriouly scary stuff

and would have been tragic if it wrecked.

Hows the 88 on it??, happy with your turbo choice so far?

(i only ask as i thought a mr.turbo 76GTS or gt4202 would have been more fun and make better

pump numbers and then you

could spray on top of that)

What goals did you build it for this time?

Awesome car man, you've built one of my dream cars right there!, keep the vids coming and

get that website happening again..i need my fix :y:

cheers

darren

Cheers mate, yeah well can't say the turbo is doing it for me just yet but i never expected it to perform all that fantastic on low octane fuel and low boost. It is laggy but pretty much comes on exactly where i expected. Made just shy of 500rwhp on pump at first dyno session, the gate springs open them at about 16psi and it creeps to 22psi, also there is a 6k convertor and powerglide mudling up the figures.

It feels good to drive, goals for this car are 9s on pump and one day beat my uncles old wildbunch cars time of 8.60, all the while doing it with no stuff out the bonnet and stock exterior, full exhaust radial tyres etc

It feels good to drive, goals for this car are 9s on pump and one day beat my uncles old wildbunch cars time of 8.60, all the while doing it with no stuff out the bonnet and stock exterior, full exhaust radial tyres etc

Holy FAAARRK........8.60...you can do it mate

Stock exterior is the way to go for sure....and all steel body too

Keep up the Fantastic work

Had my maiden voyage to Willowbank last night, on pump fuel, 275x50x15 et radials and 22 psi

First pass idiot me set the base fuel pressure to high, that combined with adding to much fuel with n20 on the brake resulted in a popping and fartin 12.5 @ 132

2nd pass, changed plugs, fixed reg, trimmed some fuel on N20 setup, left on 5 psi it bogged but came home for a 10.30 @ 140

went around and lined up to try a harder launch and go for my first 9 but got the boot lol

pics thanks to rusty

3097.jpg

3098.jpg

3099.jpg

3100.jpg

3101.jpg

Edited by oke020

Nice pass there dude, only better to come, might be time for a parachute to keep the marshals happy though :) Gotta watch the happy gas too, my mates 355 stroker with nos blew its heads the other weak due to bad tuning. 150 wet shot does that a bit though. A KE20 is such a light car that I doubt you need to be in the record breaking HP area to make record breaking times. When I showed your vids to the omega bogan drag racer I know he was like, damn that things so light and fast, but whats the use of a 2spd when it's spooling up a car with so little weight ... too much wheel spin! A lower 1st ratio and another gear might really make that thing launch is what he was on about. How's the launch on it at spool with a powerglide? Does it just want to just light the wheels? Damn gotta say though, well done there mate, this is the fastest build rollaclub has ever had the privilege to be part of in our country ;)

Nice pass there dude, only better to come, might be time for a parachute to keep the marshals happy though :) Gotta watch the happy gas too, my mates 355 stroker with nos blew its heads the other weak due to bad tuning. 150 wet shot does that a bit though. A KE20 is such a light car that I doubt you need to be in the record breaking HP area to make record breaking times. When I showed your vids to the omega bogan drag racer I know he was like, damn that things so light and fast, but whats the use of a 2spd when it's spooling up a car with so little weight ... too much wheel spin! A lower 1st ratio and another gear might really make that thing launch is what he was on about. How's the launch on it at spool with a powerglide? Does it just want to just light the wheels? Damn gotta say though, well done there mate, this is the fastest build rollaclub has ever had the privilege to be part of in our country ;)

I will use gas to bring it up on the transbrake have not had a chance to really let it come up yet, taller 1st gear ratio should actually be better for a turbo car with such a big turbo, engine load generally will create boost faster. I used a 2 speed for 2 reasons, race powerglides are relatively cheap for something that can handle 1000hp and small car, smallish tire i figured one potential tire unloading gearchange is better than 2

here is a vid

Maiden voyage with a 10.3? this thing is nuts....they should have a special ward for crazy people like you in the mental institution...

hahaha GOOD WORK!

keep those pics coming.

have you got any more pics of your chassis/bracing setup?

I'm looking to brace my ke20 without a rollcage, trying to do as much as possible without being able to see it.

any advice?

Cheers,

Mark M

Lol, the 10.30 can be improved, i was stoked with the 140mph part :)

strengthening without a cage should be possible to an extent, i would tie the front struts to the firewall with a triangle style strut brace. You could do sub frame connectors like on my car, i used 25x50 rhs, i joined the front sub frame to the area above where the front leaf spring mount is. (this involves going through the floor and accross the back floor area though.