March 30, 200917 yr comment_332668 Great car Lesley. But surely someone in the design team at Aus TRD was tearing their hair out over that intake design. Quit a shock that something that costly could make it through to production. Edited March 30, 200917 yr by Bowler Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_332723 ha! there aren't any of this years....only last years freaking huge toyoshow one....hmmmm here it is... Sexy :wink: Report
March 31, 200917 yr Author comment_332734 i don't know what they were thinking, there are so many "little" things that could have been done so much better, but the air intake one I think I have an idea of why they did it that way, in the na versions, the air filter (and all its attachments) were in the general direction, so rather than re-invent the wheel, they modified it best they could....re-using brackets anchor points etc., that was on the standard levin... My Air intake was a pain in the arse! bits keps vibrating off, the plastic rubbed through, a couple of mounts broke and you couldn't get them any more, it was a disaster! - but my piping had been taken off, put back on, taken off, put back on- by the previous owner. So it's possible it's not all toyota's fault... The intercooler piping, the black one on the right hand side, that thing used to sit up a fair amount (4 - 5 cms) and the bov piping came off it, we lowered the curve, widened the pipe where the bov went (it was on a reducer!) it seems they love reducers! even the original turbo and the original piping needed a reducer, from memory 54 to 36 or something like that, but regardless of all the distress and confusion, I'm still in love with my car, and she's now the way I want, ... finished ..... with the exception of two or three itsy butsy minor things that even my husband doesn't need to know about!!!!! :wink: And trev, it's a nice trophy huh?! I never got to keep that one, I was allowed to hold it for about 15 minutes then give it back ;) they didn't even give me a smaller "replica trophy" ;) Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_332738 i don't know what they were thinking, there are so many "little" things that could have been done so much better, but the air intake one I think I have an idea of why they did it that way, in the na versions, the air filter (and all its attachments) were in the general direction, so rather than re-invent the wheel, they modified it best they could....re-using brackets anchor points etc., that was on the standard levin... My Air intake was a pain in the arse! bits keps vibrating off, the plastic rubbed through, a couple of mounts broke and you couldn't get them any more, it was a disaster! - but my piping had been taken off, put back on, taken off, put back on- by the previous owner. So it's possible it's not all toyota's fault... The intercooler piping, the black one on the right hand side, that thing used to sit up a fair amount (4 - 5 cms) and the bov piping came off it, we lowered the curve, widened the pipe where the bov went (it was on a reducer!) it seems they love reducers! even the original turbo and the original piping needed a reducer, from memory 54 to 36 or something like that, but regardless of all the distress and confusion, I'm still in love with my car, and she's now the way I want, ... finished ..... with the exception of two or three itsy butsy minor things that even my husband doesn't need to know about!!!!! :wink: And trev, it's a nice trophy huh?! I never got to keep that one, I was allowed to hold it for about 15 minutes then give it back ;) they didn't even give me a smaller "replica trophy" ;) Maybe some people should look under the bonnet of the old ET Turbo pulsar/Exa's, There is about 1.5m of piping before the turbo so about 2m all up. Trophy? Oh now I see. Report
April 9, 200917 yr Author comment_335327 OM FREAKING G! I was parked out the front of work today, and someone BACKED INTO MY CAR totally f*kkered the number plate, plate cover, ripped the entire numberplate out of the bumper (including the screws) scratched my NEW paint, MY NEW PAINT!!!!!!!!! massively dented (ok that's an exaggeration but STILL) dented my NEWLY PAINTED grille, and scratched my bumper :dance: I'm very thankful that they left a note, but I almost (well ok, I DID) have a moment.... THEN vixie had a moment - she wouldn't pause the stereo- after about half an hour we both calmed down and realised how lucky we were...I haven't called them yet... but I probably should..... but it still sucks :) Report
April 9, 200917 yr comment_335328 Ah nuuuu. Yet another RC fender bender :) Hope you sort it out soon and get her lookin great again Les. Get well soon Vixie :dance: Edited April 9, 200917 yr by SLO-030 Report
April 10, 200917 yr comment_335365 Maybe you need to sell it Leslie. It brings you a heap of bad luck that car :dance: Report
April 11, 200917 yr comment_335520 Maybe you need to sell it Leslie. It brings you a heap of bad luck that car :) that will be the day :dance: Report
April 13, 200917 yr comment_336012 My Air intake was a pain in the arse! bits keps vibrating off, the plastic rubbed through, a couple of mounts broke and you couldn't get them any more, it was a disaster! - but my piping had been taken off, put back on, taken off, put back on- by the previous owner. So it's possible it's not all toyota's fault...Only off once to put the new CAI on it, then back to stock when i sold it :D the response is alot better without all that piping isnt it? Engine bay looks good with the red bits too! ;) Report
April 20, 200917 yr Author comment_337953 hooookay....so the intercoolers stuffed from the towbar that hit my car.....i rang toyota...they don't make them anymore so I can't get one there....where would I get one from? any ideas? Lesley :jamie: Report
April 20, 200917 yr comment_337955 go out and buy a bigger aftermarket one. Cooler air temps are never a bad thing Report
April 20, 200917 yr Author comment_337964 yeah, that was my plan, but i've googled and I can't find a listing for my car... so would I just find the dimensions and try and match it or is it more complicated? Report
April 20, 200917 yr comment_337965 a tape measure is your best friend! Measure up the dimensions you want/need including piping diameter and then give some places a call. Depending on how much you want to spend you can get one completely custom made to suit (ASE, PWR, BTR) or simply find one that suits your dimensions (ebay, etc). Report
May 23, 200917 yr Author comment_346883 ok, got the car back, geez I missed her :D she looks FANTASTIC :fuzz: So, Toyota didn't have the intercooler, OR the grille for my car (which is only 8 years old), the intercooler wasn't available as an aftermarket option from anyone...so my insurance company had my old one sent off (to Queensland) and had a hi-flow one made, then sent it back to adelaide.... my grille has mounts welded into it for fitment, so rather than put a crappy grill in they panelbeat my one, repainted it, and you can't really spot the difference, got new plates (with speccy black screws!) picked up my new number plate covers, so I'm all set for tomorrow to put them on.... I'm not sure if the intercooler made a difference, becuase I was driving the crapbird around which has no power, but I'm having a ball driving vixie :cool: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now