Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

SoulSearcher

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now she just needs to help represent SA on the Great Ocean Road camping trip next year on the Australia Day Long Weekend so everyone else can see it in its glory.

Whatcha reckon Lesley? Game to fob off the kids for the weekend and you and your hubby bring the MR2 and the Rolla? :y:

Edited by Raven

Thank you :hmm:

and WOW I love that colour!!! you also need some fog light inserts, that front bar looks bare!

You can go into any Toyota Parts Department, and ask them, specifically as for the AE112R Sportivo Turbo (it's online on their computer system!!) Specify that it's the 7AFE with TURBO model, so they look up the right catalogue. They're fibbing when they tell you you can't get parts, I have had interior plastic panels, lenses, engine bay bits, clamps, clips, escutchion plates etc., etc., they just need to know where to look. - don't EVER ask for the price on a clutch!!!! LOL

You can also cheat a little and ask for the LEVIN parts, some of those are quite similar...

However, I will have the supplement book specific to my car, with all the part numbers in the near future... until then.. you can also get them online...

here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-COROLLA-01-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-COROLLA-01-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

these are not exact though, my grille is a plastic honeycomb pattern whilst these are metal/mesh.

The risers I have also seen online, I'll see what I can find!

Lesley :y:

thanks alot for the help lesley, next time i go into toyota I'm not gonna take no for an answer.

i did have the fog lightinserts but i took them out. i was gonna put in the standard issue foggies but at $300 that was too much, so i bought a $50 set of aftermarket ones but they cracked after a fortnight :y:

the grille IS the same as the levin, as if i remember right, also the same as the ultima. toyota wants $220 for the levin grill and again thats too much, so i got a stock one from the wreckers and painted it up instead. looking back now i should have just looked around and found a levin or ultima & i would have just got the grill & foggies as standard.

p.s. only just last week got a quote for a replacement clutch... $1200. $600 for the clutch & $600 to fit it. so Exedy Heavy Duty it is.

am in the process of posting up pics of my rolla now, hopefully will be done by the end of the week.

as you may know, last week (or the week before, time's getting away from me!) I had new slotted rotors, ebc greenstuff fitted to the front and rear of the car. After I washed the car, the bit around the hub had surface rust on it. I thought I was getting DBA slotted rotors with the metallic grey painted hub, and when they were fitted I believed that those weren't available for my car. I gave the guy the number 709 and 710 (from memory) from the DBA cataloge.

Today I discovered that they're RDA rotors and that short of pulling it all apart, taping and painting the hub bit that it will always be like that... I'm kind of not allowed to spend any more money on the car so I'm trying to be creative.... I have a friend who has a 2000 Corolla Ascent Sedan and he needs new rotors and he doesn't care about the surface rust and will pay me what I paid for them, which will then enable me to get the DBA's! HOWEVER... he has drums on the back and he thinks that my rotors are bigger than his, but when I looked in the cataloge it was the same listing as my car...

How do I tell if they'll fit... alternatively, does any one have the same model as me and would like to buy slightly used (2 week old) slotted rotors?

Lesley :hmm:

Well today I went to visit Toyota, and I got a copy of the repair manual supplement parts cataloge for my car which I requested and was permitted to photocopy!

Now I just have to convert it to pdf so I don't lose it!

Now, In this manual I HAVE PART NUMBERS!!!!!! sorry, I got excited there for a minute I just checked it and .... bad news, it's only mechanical...so back to the drawing board...I will give them a call to get the part numbers that you need ozeidiot.

Lesley

Attn: ozeidiot:

*****drum roll please****

I have part numbers!!!! - AND prices!!!!

531111A440 Grille Radiator $177.56

8148112050 Seal, Front Bumper Side RH $42.36

8148212030 Seal, Front Bumper Side LH $42.36

8121012160 Lamp Assy Fog $423.58

8122012150 Lamp Assy Fog LH $423.58

7685112130 Cover, Front Spoiler LH $160.15

7685212090 Cover, Front Spoiler RH $160.15

521191E630 Cover, Front Bumper (w fog lamps) $no price

521191E610 Cover, Front Bumper (w/out fog lamps) $348.15

still waiting for the rear spoiler info, they think you can't get just the risers, that it comes packaged with the spoiler.

Lesley :)

Edited by SoulSearcher

for a while now, I've been admiring the red grille on the GTI Volkswagens... I think it looks pretty cool, and wondered what it would look like on my car, so I thought I'd do a trial....it's only temporary, and up close it looks crap, but I thought I'd leave it on for a couple of weeks and see if I still like it, then get it done properly....

before:

post-1090-1224315634_thumb.jpg

after:

post-1090-1224315693_thumb.jpg

what do you think?

thanks Soulsearcher, looking forward to that spoiler part number, i've to leave the front end of the car alone now, i painted my stock grille and am getting the stock foglight inserts to cover those holes, but the spoiler will just be the icing on the cake.

as for your GTI grille your toying with, thumbs up for havin a go, thats how i done most of my stuff for my car. :)

just do it, if it looks craps change it back if it looks good keep it. going by the upclose pic i would say no, but you mentiioned it looks better from afar, any chance of a pic from a distance to give u an accurate answer.

thanks again for all your help with those part numbers.

Cheers, Simon