What Are These Brakes???

rolla_boy70

The other week my brother (Smithius) bought a KE38 wagon off of here (haydo's old one) and we were having a look at the brakes and the struts as well. The top of the struts have been replaced with coilovers and larger 245mm brakes over the standard 218mm brakes off of a KE30/55 so 13" wheels don't fit and the car now has 14" skyline stockies. These brakes are vented compared to the solid corolla ones. also the front has seemed to gain more track for some reason as well.

i possibly think that these are RA40 celica struts and brakes but i am unsure of this?

The main reason that we want to know is that the pads and rotors are f#*ked and are beyond machining so they need replacing even tho driving the car yesterday i steped on the pedal and they locked up no problems. here are some photos of the brakes for some more information.

any help would be aprecitated..

Cheers David

post-3316-1224671630_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

whats the diameter of the disc - S13 ones are vented and 250mm. ra40-ra65 are all solid and 258mm, and the corona discs are solid too. brake pads - looking at them in the calliper, i'd say holden/ford rear (DB1086) but it'd be best to take them out, head down to your local Auto shop, and cross reference them with their books. also, have a look on the back of the pad - alot of the times, they'll be marked with the part number.

Thanks for the info guys.

Shame about the shitty hub rotor combo but they are bigger and they do work well even though they are worn out.

At least i know what I'm looking at now.

Parts should be cheap enough.

So does this mean that i have a combo of r31 and corolla struts? It does have a coilover kit fitted.

My other problem with these struts are that it has to much lock on the wheels. The tires can rub on the inner gaurds and on the swaybar

Any ideas