Ke70 Wheel Sizes Questions Ect

Co Rolla

Hi, I'm currently wanting to put Chrome Wheels on my 1981 Ke70 corolla.

I'm wanting to put 17'' or 18'' Wheels, I'm wanting to know will they fit Without modification ( Rolling guards ECT )

& What wheels would Bolt straight on without spacers.

Cheers as all the information i can gather would be very helpfull.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi co rolla,

how are ya.

iv got a 94 csi rolla and i have just fitted 17" rs5 lenso 17x7" rims.

looks great,with 205x40 tyres all round.

got rear gurads rolled/lipped before i got it prof lowered all round to top of tyres.

using a .38 off set,no probelm.

only thing is on full lock when doing turn it scrapes on inner wheel well plastic fender,other than that all is great.

no regrets at all,the larger the rims,the better i say.

i proberely would of liked to go 18" but coulndt get lenso rs5 in them though!!

hope it helps

cheers

glen

hey there, they will fit if you do a bit of test fitting, 17's will be pretty easy if you get the right offset and low profiles, ive heard some people use spacers on the front to clear strut. rolling gaurds will probly be needed for 18's and up, but i had to roll my guards on my ke70 with 15's, was just too dammed low. i believe this car is running 20's

post-568-1227254018_thumb.jpg

hey there, they will fit if you do a bit of test fitting, 17's will be pretty easy if you get the right offset and low profiles, ive heard some people use spacers on the front to clear strut. rolling gaurds will probly be needed for 18's and up, but i had to roll my guards on my ke70 with 15's, was just too dammed low. i believe this car is running 20's

Thanks guys, the purple corolla has 18'' wheels not 20'' but they do look huge, mostly because its so low.

id like 18's but 17's might be the go.

Hi, I'm currently wanting to put Chrome Wheels on my 1981 Ke70 corolla.

I'm wanting to put 17'' or 18'' Wheels, I'm wanting to know will they fit Without modification ( Rolling guards ECT )

& What wheels would Bolt straight on without spacers.

Cheers as all the information i can gather would be very helpfull.

chrome 18's with spacers would look out of place on a ke70 but some people like it,

such as autosalon queens and bling bling pimps with pink fluffy interiors...

as most people here would say for being practical and within the period look, as well

as having more sidewall and a decent clearance with everything... go 14 or 15 inch in a good

style of rim with the proper fitting specs, you wont regret it :)

but hey theres plenty of rims for everyone taste :(

chrome 18's with spacers would look out of place on a ke70 but some people like it,

such as autosalon queens and bling bling pimps with pink fluffy interiors...

as most people here would say for being practical and within the period look, as well

as having more sidewall and a decent clearance with everything... go 14 or 15 inch in a good

style of rim with the proper fitting specs, you wont regret it :)

but hey theres plenty of rims for everyone taste :(

I want big wheels, ( sick of having 15s and stuff ), ive heard gv-2 chrome wheels go straight on with no spacers, so they may be what ill have to go for.

as i already said,go for it!!

the rims fit fine yeah!!!

A '94 corolla is completely different to a ~'84 corolla aside from both having the corolla badge. Ones FWD the others RWD, one needs high offsets the other low offsets, one needs 4x100 the other 4x114.3, the list goes on. Completely different kettle of fish, what fits on one almost definitely won't fit on the other.

ok well say you just had to do it from a technical point of view....

ke70 steel rim is

114.3x4 pcd

13x4.5

+30 offset

??

ke70 csx alloy rim

114.3pcd

13x5.5

+30 offset

??

ke70 have front strut, rear live axle, bit of room in guards front and rear,

so you are limited on the:

front by:

front by strut inwards and lock clearance to inner wall

on the front by front guard outwards

rear by:

inner wall inwards

rear wheel arch outwards.

go get a tape and a straight edge and start measuring your original wheel,

pcd, width and offset.

then measure your car (use straight edge on the wheel when needed)

for clearance on the front and rear both inner and outer limits and lock on the front.

the you know what you have to play with...

or just go to the local abc super deal mega tyre shop and they will sort you out.

$1200 for a chrome bling bling 17 or 18 inch wheel package - rims and tyres to suit your car, done.

will look crappy in style and period, will scrub, will have front spacers, wont be hubcentric

or have rings most likely, rims will be crap casting, will be heavy, will have cheap multifit pcd,

will have cheap shit tyres, will be a bad offset and heavy steering from too much altered scrub

radius but hey.

heres some advice i came up with for wheels: the 5 stages...

1. it fits.

2. it fit properly and works most of the time.

3. it fits properly and works properly all the time.

4. it fits properly, works properly all the time and works well.

5. it fits properly, works properly all the time, works well and looks good.

i think the chromies would get stuck on stage 2 myself :)

Edited by styler

or just go to the local abc super deal mega tyre shop and they will sort you out.

$1000 for a chrome bling bling 17 or 18 inch wheel package - rims and tyres to suit your car, done.

will look crappy in style and period, will scrub, will have front spacers, wont be hubcentric

or have rings most likely, rims will be crap casting, will be heavy, will have cheap multifit pcd,

will have cheap shit tyres, will be a bad offset and heavy steering from too much altered scrub

radius but hey.

Solid Gold.

Pros:

Neons on the hubs will set them off.

Perceived cool ricey look.

Girls may like them.

Match with unnecessary bonnet scoops and side skirts for that I have money and no sense look.

Will fit in with the non-performance mod crowd. Were talking doof doof autosalon people who spend their money on white leather and suede.

Be good to go lapping and seek heaps of attention, if that's what your building the car for.

Cons:

Illegal if bigger than 15 inch

Ugly, IMO.

Poor Offset choices.

No Tyre there to protect said exxy rims.

Expensive as funk tyres.

Not period correct in the slightest.

Most Plated wheels are far from true and can be hard to balance. Trust me I had plated wheels on my ute and they were very fussy to balance.

Bigger rolling diameters make a slow car slower. Reckon the 4k will turn 20s with any viggour?

Every person who has built there car around performance will know youre a tool.

Up to you.

Personally, there is a lot of joy to be had making a car faster, sharper steering and quicker to stop. Nobody cares what you look like when youre just a blur.