Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

Looking sweet! Is this going to be at the cruise on the 20th??

 

I won't be there, but will give you a chance to meet the motley crew if you haven't already.

  • Replies 344
  • Views 355.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    Pretty much finished. Turned out ok, I think? Doesn't give too much away when the plates are on. Only need to do the short hose from the block to the thermostat. Thermostat fully opens at 86 degre

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    I have had to butcher up the dash in order to fit back in around the cage, the Carlos bars have made it really  hard to get it back in. It has to wedge between that and the A pillar bar for to fi

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    Have made a start on the inside of the car, ripped out the old sound deadening off the inside of the firewall and stuck on some dynamat. I want the cabin to be nice and quiet. This stuff is great, e

Posted Images

I've got some S13 silvia seats in my '55. Picked them up for like $80 when a mate upgraded.

They're a bit more supportive, but not to the point of be uncomfortable, were really easy to fit and find, and being from a 4 seat/2 door car would be ideal for a '55 coupe as they fold forward. Just a sugestion. :jamie:

  • Author

Thanks for the tip about the seats, I'll check them out. Not sure if I'll be keeping the rear seat just yet, it depends if the kids want to come for the odd ride or if I get the bug and become a bit more competitive with this car. (Somehow, all my projects end up becoming more than what I initially intended them to be.)

I might be working on the 20th, so not sure if I'll make the cruise. Plus, I don't think the car is quite cruise worthy just yet. Cheers for the invite.

I've heard that seats from a KE50/KE55p fit in coupes/sedans. The difference is that they are bucket seats and the front seats have a spring return too when letting folks out of the back.

  • Author

Are they the van/wagon looking things?

I havn't even seen one of those things over here, most of the old cars just get crushed over here, i have seen cars from the early nineties on verges and on the back of flat beds going to the wreckers.

Must be all the money from the mines "apparantly" :jamie:

Edited by chestikoph1

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hi everyone

 

Finally some action happening on this project and something worth posting about.

Starting to sort out the rear suspension, I have bought some TRD shortstroke 8 way adjustable shockies and I am getting the rear leafs

reset 2inches lower and adding another leaf plus some urathane bushes. Will post up some pics of the car after it's all set up.

 

post-4551-1232542526_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Yeah they are brand new.

I got them from a guy here in Perth, pm me if you want the details, they were about $350 .

Not sure if thats a good price for them, but its pretty close to other top end shockie prices.

There about 2 inches shorter extended lenght and about 1 inch shorter compressed than ke ones, so hopefully it should be sweet.

  • Author

Well just got the leafs back and they look pretty good, they do feel a bit heavier with extra leaf, he has put one in under the main leaf.

 

post-4551-1232747465_thumb.jpg

 

Every thing fits well back in there, didnt need longer u bolts although i didnt change the leaf cushions for nolathane only the shackle and eye bushes.

And the TRD shockies slot right in, they should be plenty of dampening with the extra leaf.

 

post-4551-1232747777_thumb.jpg

 

Its only a 2 inch drop but i have still rolled the lip of the gaurd up to avoid any annoying scrubs.

Took some dodgy pics of how i did that, will post them up soon.

did the extra leaf and reset springs cost you much?

 

great looking car mate.. any engine/drivetrain plans?

you have a wicked suspension upgrade my friend

nice job :no2:

givin me plenty of ideas :)

  • Author

the extra leaf and the reset cost $180

thats with me taking out and fitting the springs,but its a peice of piss job and minimal tools required

  • Author

Well i have had a chance to take it for a run, and it handles extremely well, really firm without being bone jarring.

The front Bilsteins are not adjustable, but their valved at about 370lb with springs to match.

The rear TRD shocks are set on the mid setting 4 of 8 (could go heavier, but fine for daily road duties)

The only annoying thing is the sloppy steering " bloody steering boxes"

Here is some pics of how it now stands.

 

post-4551-1232787206_thumb.jpg

 

post-4551-1232787248_thumb.jpg

Well i have had a chance to take it for a run, and it handles extremely well, really firm without being bone jarring.

The front Bilsteins are not adjustable, but their valved at about 370lb with springs to match.

The rear TRD shocks are set on the mid setting 4 of 8 (could go heavier, but fine for daily road duties)

The only annoying thing is the sloppy steering " bloody steering boxes"

Here is some pics of how it now stands.

 

Hey good suspension upgrade :) There is an adjustment on the steering box to take the slop out, might be worth a try.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.