The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

have been thinkin bout the rims (and after my fiance saw the car) i reckon the pepperpots are the way to go. so hes letting me 'borrow' his spare set to see how they go. hopefully will have them on by next weekend.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys its been a while, and i have been lazy ( i blame the weather). anyway heres a little update.

got the pepperpots put on and i reckon they do the job. they suit the car so well, I'm very happy with them.

i took the car back to toyota cos the exhaust leak came back and it just wasnt running right. they reckon they fixed the leak but i'm still not happy - its real noticeable on start up. I'm contemplating just getting brand newies and be done with it.

turns out when they rebuilt the carby they forgot to put a spring back on!!! there was a spring missing from the throttle bit, so it was making the throttle stick and run like crap. hopefully it also fixes the random stalling problem too.

i'll take photos this weekend and post them up soon.

cheers guys. yeah scotty i live down south. dontget a chance to drive her much, she still runs a lil weird and no thermo fan at the moment so she staying the garage at the moment. not planning to do a alot of lowering just want to close up the gap a bit. really don't want to attract the cops attention. will have to look at quietning the exhaust aswell, its so loud you can't talk to other people you have to shout :-)

• 3 weeks later...

shit, didnt realise it had been so long.

not much has changed. the rolla still in the garage. i think i have managed to drive all of two times :-(

went to start her up just over a week ago and she just clicked.....nothing, no turn over. figuring it was battery, went and bought a newie. still nothing.

dad was down for a visit (and pretty sure it was the starter motor) rocked the car back and forward and managed to get her whirring, but no turnover.

my fiancees mate shane who painted the car, came down yesterday with a starter motor, popped her in (no easy feat) and she turns over (but only when she feels like it).

it looks like the wiring is causing a shit load of problems. he found melted plastic cover for the spade clip from the aftermarket bosch starter (which is bigger than the genuine toyota) and cos it was bigger, it was too close to the extractors and melted the plastic and screwed the connection. guess in some cases is best to stick to genuine parts.

anyway the plan is to pull out all the shit wiring, for crap that is no longer there (e.g under car neons) and redo the wiring from scratch, and hope she turns over properly.

still no luck with the exhaust leak, i reckon it worse than ever. gonna try and sort that out at the same time as re-wiring.

i'd just like to thank toyota for robbing me of my money and making my car run worse than ever. never again will i take it to "professionals". stick to the old school dealers who actually know what a carby is and don't rely on computers to tell them what to do.

any way just my two cents (thats all i have left :sob: )

i'd just like to thank toyota for robbing me of my money and making my car run worse than ever. never again will i take it to "professionals". stick to the old school dealers who actually know what a carby is and don't rely on computers to tell them what to do.

any way just my two cents (thats all i have left :sob: )

pity bout the stuff going wrong on the car, looking nice though :sob:

if my car(s) need to go to a mechanics it goes to someone i know who did there apprenticeship when carbys were mainstream and who is really switched on :jamie:

Holy Crap!!!!! I haven't looked at this thread for many months. Your car looks sensational. Once you have ironed out the final issues you will be loving it. I wouldn't go too crazy with lowering either. I think not-low is the new low. :wink:

Holy Crap!!!!! I haven't looked at this thread for many months. Your car looks sensational

Same, you've done a great job with the car. Well done, its great to see a car that was on the path to being ruined being transformed into an exceptional old school classic. Goodluck sorting the wiring out! ripping it all out and starting again, although very frustrating and time consumer, is the best option. Thats what i did with the (front half) of my car. Great chance to tidy it all up. Its amazing how many unused wires you'll find