December 26, 200817 yr comment_301785 A customer came to pick their car up one day, They had a checker plate ramp trailer and it had being raining that day, As i started to drive the car up (st162 celica) it lost traction and almost slid off the side, The good old bar ramps is the way to go, Dad has them on both towtrucks and his car trailer. I agree with Trev here Dazza. Checkerplate isnt such a good idea for the ramps. Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301813 Winch the MOFO up. Or what if the ramps had side walls, almost like gutters?? Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301815 if it did jip and it started slipping off side of ramp to quick it would bend up the side walls, whats the bars you are refering to trev? i have ramps made of alumium checkerplate to get ride on mower on ute had wet grass on wheels and it still went up fine i guess it kinda depends on how you drive it up, and how wet and grippy the checkerplate is Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301820 Like what I'm saying is if the side walls were 5cm high or so. Also would the angle/length of the ramp effect if it slides?? Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301827 if car slid with enough velocity i think it would still jump over 5cm walls its more of a flick they do yea steeper it is harder the car is to get up, longer the ramp the less angle, less chance of it sliding so id say it works in the same way if the car is slipping down, like bigger angle, more chance of it slipping Report
December 26, 200817 yr Author comment_301828 Thanks for the comments everyone, This was designed to be an integral part of the trailer so that when the ramps are fitted into there home at the rear it is a flatbed trailer. I will have a think about it as i have slid on checker-plate myself. Report
December 27, 200817 yr Author comment_301951 Day 3 Welded in floor, fitted springs and axles, A big Thank you to Thomo for advising on spring position. Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301954 do this for a living ;) Your trailer is a beaver tail so it might be different. Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301961 And whats the diff?? The trailer is sloped at the rear to minimise angle instead of having a large incline, You should know what my dads truck looks like, Imagine if it had a flat bed. Report
December 27, 200817 yr Author comment_301964 coming along great!! whats the eta of finishing? there may be a delay. I have got a big problem its getting very heavy i don't know how I'm going to flip it on its wheels, if i use the endless chain it may pull my piss weak c150 shed frame down. i might have to wait until I'm back at work on Monday and use a large loader and chain to flip it over on its wheels. Report
December 27, 200817 yr Author comment_301965 I like your dads truk. I want one. I just got rid of my truck thats why I'm building this trailer. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now