Rusty Relics - Post Old And Abandoned Rollas Here

Tally

Members dont see this ad
I feel sick...

So many amazing cars, and none of them will be saved!! :jamie:

Especially those picks from Japanese wrecking yard... Man, they destroy my faith in humanity!!

I agree with you man.. So many good cars that have potential just.. gone and wasted from idiots =( Some good projects and cars in there =( Wish I could save them.

When I was over there in 2001, they were tossing away AE90's and AE92's. They stopped tossing away the KE range half way through the 90's! Unfortunately a car's life span is very rare to exceed 15 years. If you hear stories about them having to replace engines at 40'000 kms or at 3 years old, tell that person to jump. I cruzed around in a 91' 2 door honda with a carby engine and no one looked at me once! Old cars just need inspecting before registration and that costs alot. Some people dump their car, I walked up to a dumped AE92 Corolla with 4A carby engine, the battery was still charged and the key in the ignition, just the plates and other identification gone (didnt try and start it) but the lights and blinkers worked.

The old stuff is still there, (although in ever dwindling numbers) but you've gotta hunt for it. They don't often go to auction and dealers don't really bother to keep stock unless they're in exceptional nick...

I have a lead on proverbial 'field of dreams' on the outskirts of Osaka that I will be inspecting in a couple of months...

I have pics somewhere... I see if I can find them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2000GT - The car that started it all:

Never seen one in this condition before lol

How funni is this, someone would have it on their land for so long and not know what they had until it got to this stage. They would be spewin LOL

post-1732-1206157428_thumb.jpg