My Ke20

RA28GT

Umm i can't really say what they'll be like for grip as i don't have any power nor the suspension to test them out.

Fronts are new and the rears are second hand (60% tread), some cheap korean tyres on front and some hancooks on rear. There quite hard to get in that size, i wanted 175/50/13 but there not even made anymore, you can get 175/60 but I'm note what sort of quality is available.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ke25 lower strip with the two slits and it'll look rad!

eh? Pics?

Ohh by the way if anyone notices i hacked the 25 grille apart. I couldn't stand that ugly 'flower' badge.

Heres a few iPhone pics:

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

I'm interested to know why you'd want to run flares as it looks pretty neat as it is?

i think the wheels stick out to far to get able it get away with it.

Thats not even taking into consideration my personal opinion on what it looks like...

great work as per usual, but I'm interested to know why your now happy to run spacers once you bolted on the flairs when you previously didnt want to. Wasnt that one of the main reasons you sold the last set?

I sold the last set because it was an effort to convert the bolt patterns and i didnt really want to run spaces. After looking around for a few weeks it was becoming clear i wasn't going to be able to come across a set very easily in the size and offset i wanted. So while i was at my tyre place (my brother needed new skidders) i inquired about a price and my guy was able to do my a stupidly good deal, not much more than what i sold my old set for.

That and I'm impulsive :lol:

I'm interested to know why you'd want to run flares as it looks pretty neat as it is?

They stick out a little too much for me, there worse at the front it just doesn't look it because of the height. The rears are actually pretty close, although thats on bumpstops due to the huge change in rolling diameter.

Also considering how low this is going to be and all the other illegal stuff on there I'm trying to not make it the biggest cop magnet in SA.

i reckon it looks tough.

I'm with you on trying to minimise the cop magnet effect.

When i got pulled over and sebsquently defected, the cop told me that haiving any part of the tyre or wheel outside the guard is instant defect. mine would have only protruded 5mm or so.

Have a look at Mungi mods tech article on massaging guards.

When i got pulled over and sebsquently defected, the cop told me that haiving any part of the tyre or wheel outside the guard is instant defect. mine would have only protruded 5mm or so.

I've been told that the tread has to be the only thing "inside" the guards.

Either way, the car looks awesome with the KE25 Grille and the new wheels.

Although the red ones I think looked a bit more classy - might have been the centre caps! :lol:

i reckon it looks tough.

Have a look at Mungi mods tech article on massaging guards.

Ive had a look at the tech article, i lack the tools and knowledge to have a go myself, is there anyone in Adelaide that can do this? Any members that could give me a hand one weekend? For cash of course!

Either way once i get the flares ill play around with tape and spacers and see what it looks like. If i don't like them ill just sell them and get the guards pulled.

I've been told that the tread has to be the only thing "inside" the guards.

Either way, the car looks awesome with the KE25 Grille and the new wheels.

Although the red ones I think looked a bit more classy - might have been the centre caps! :lol:

The tread inside the guards doesn't really make sense to me, the only way for the tread to be inside and the wheel outside is to run stretch, and running stretch is illegal anyway so either way your stuffed. I just don't have to have a police officer roll up behind me and go hey look those wheels are outside the guards? DEFECT.

Also as far as the red wheels were classier its because of a couple things:

They had 'whitewalls' (tape)

They had my pointy center caps of death, i have the performance ones but their ugly as shit.

and their lip was polished more.

Which makes my think should i sand off the clear coat on the lip and polish these bad boys more? The finish will come up better but what will the durability be like?

Edited by RA28GT

I wouldnt polish them until the clear coat starts lifting.

Less work for yourself and they look great as it is and at the moment, without the whitewalls, its looking more JDM-spec, which is what you're aiming for anyway, right? :lol:

I wouldnt polish them until the clear coat starts lifting.

Less work for yourself and they look great as it is and at the moment, without the whitewalls, its looking more JDM-spec, which is what you're aiming for anyway, right? :hmm:

Not really, I'm going for whatever i like the look of, a mix of styles i suppose :lol:

But i want the wheels all SHINY!