April 6, 200917 yr comment_334543 Got the 5K driving finally. Driven a few times with no filters (they're coming...). The exhaust note is wicked, nothing too intrusive, but the bloody induction noise is really quite staggering (Twin DHLA 40's). I don't expect it to change too much, but has anyone noticed whether Ramflo's/Unifilters make much reduction in intake noise? It still needs a bit of tuning here and there which might alter it. What have other people done to quieten there twins down? I'm thinking of making up an Airbox for it with a pod. Let me know. TP Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334546 The pod wont give it the old school cool look dude. Stick with ramflo's or trumpets and filter socks. Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334547 hey i had ram tubes and socks on mine was bloody loud but i put a set of k&n filters on it and they shut it up a wee bit i think the only true way of shutting them up is building an enclosure but who would want to get rid of that beautiful sound haha filters like this one below just over 44mm high Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334578 Soft!!! I'd have it no other way, Induction noise puts erections on jellyfish.. Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334582 Agreed Induction noise FTW!!! Had a pair of twin dellortos on my 4k sounded like pure sex can't wait to get my 20v running...... Trumpets and injected induction noise.....MMMMMMMMM Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334614 I've actually just ordered Ram tubes and socks for the SU's on my 5k.....i'm hoping they will create a little more airspeed, plus the the added effect of induction noise! Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334617 If you can't handle the induction noise, the induction noise can't handle you :party: Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334648 hey guys just bump in here for a question have any of use heard or thought about putting gsx1100 carbies on a 4k???? (mite have to get them tuned proply tho) :dance: and does any one now what the best cam profile is for a 4k with 60thou oversized pistons and head shaved 40thou /ported and polished I'm very new when it comes to cams? plz help :party: Report
April 7, 200917 yr comment_334678 I say embrace it man. Anyway, I know you weren't giving it any but I was driving alongside you yesterday morning and I did not hear this loud induction noise you speak of. All I saw was pure unadulterated motoring sex in the form a KE16 on Adelaide's roads :party: Report
April 7, 200917 yr Author comment_334701 Screw it - Ramflos or Unifilter. I must rescind my previous comment. I'm now starting to question my manliness for even broaching the topic...... I was just a little shocked after coming back from the exhaust shop at how loud the induction actually is, as opposed to my very very loud, home made exhaust noise it was previously. Luke, I'm guessing you were driving alongside me as I drove along the stretch of road with the LARGEST police station on the south side of adelaide? Short changing gears at 1800 revs so as to remain incognito? haha. What were you driving anyway? Report
April 7, 200917 yr comment_334703 Screw it - Ramflos or Unifilter. I must rescind my previous comment. I'm now starting to question my manliness for even broaching the topic...... I was just a little shocked after coming back from the exhaust shop at how loud the induction actually is, as opposed to my very very loud, home made exhaust noise it was previously. Luke, I'm guessing you were driving alongside me as I drove along the stretch of road with the LARGEST police station on the south side of adelaide? Short changing gears at 1800 revs so as to remain incognito? haha. What were you driving anyway? I was in my daily Mazda 3. I was gonna toot and wave or something but you looked very intense like you were having issues with the car and I didn't want to "spook" you. You must have been trying really really hard to remain incognito. Agree that you were not making much noise with your driving :party: Report
April 7, 200917 yr Author comment_334719 Intense hey. That's quite funny. New engine, not quite tuned properly, exhaust potential to wake the deceased, I suppose I was quite focused! haha. Report
April 20, 200917 yr comment_337821 DHLA's Pffft. :) IDA FTW!!!! :jamie: Bah, love to see you run a pair of down drafts though :D Socks made mine a bit quieter, but nothing really beats 7500rpm with open trumpets... Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now