Induction Noise On Side Drafts

philbey

Got the 5K driving finally. Driven a few times with no filters (they're coming...).

The exhaust note is wicked, nothing too intrusive, but the bloody induction noise is really quite staggering (Twin DHLA 40's). I don't expect it to change too much, but has anyone noticed whether Ramflo's/Unifilters make much reduction in intake noise?

It still needs a bit of tuning here and there which might alter it. What have other people done to quieten there twins down? I'm thinking of making up an Airbox for it with a pod.

Let me know.

TP

Members dont see this ad

hey

i had ram tubes and socks on mine was bloody loud but i put a set of k&n filters on it and they shut it up a wee bit

i think the only true way of shutting them up is building an enclosure but who would want to get rid of that beautiful sound haha

filters like this one below

just over 44mm high

post-4479-1239010928.jpg

hey guys just bump in here for a question have any of use heard or thought about putting gsx1100 carbies on a 4k????

(mite have to get them tuned proply tho) :dance:

and does any one now what the best cam profile is for a 4k with 60thou oversized pistons and head shaved 40thou /ported and polished I'm very new when it comes to cams? plz help :party:

I say embrace it man.

Anyway, I know you weren't giving it any but I was driving alongside you yesterday morning and I did not hear this loud induction noise you speak of. All I saw was pure unadulterated motoring sex in the form a KE16 on Adelaide's roads :party:

Screw it - Ramflos or Unifilter.

I must rescind my previous comment. I'm now starting to question my manliness for even broaching the topic......

I was just a little shocked after coming back from the exhaust shop at how loud the induction actually is, as opposed to my very very loud, home made exhaust noise it was previously.

Luke, I'm guessing you were driving alongside me as I drove along the stretch of road with the LARGEST police station on the south side of adelaide? Short changing gears at 1800 revs so as to remain incognito? haha. What were you driving anyway?

Screw it - Ramflos or Unifilter.

I must rescind my previous comment. I'm now starting to question my manliness for even broaching the topic......

I was just a little shocked after coming back from the exhaust shop at how loud the induction actually is, as opposed to my very very loud, home made exhaust noise it was previously.

Luke, I'm guessing you were driving alongside me as I drove along the stretch of road with the LARGEST police station on the south side of adelaide? Short changing gears at 1800 revs so as to remain incognito? haha. What were you driving anyway?

I was in my daily Mazda 3. I was gonna toot and wave or something but you looked very intense like you were having issues with the car and I didn't want to "spook" you. You must have been trying really really hard to remain incognito.

Agree that you were not making much noise with your driving :party: