Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pm Spam

Featured Replies

Several members have made me aware of a situation where spammers are using our PM system to distribute links to an expernal site purporting to be "The new site rules" or something to that effect.

 

I don't have a solution I can impliment immediately aside from locking the accounts manually but I have a few ideas that I will try to put into effect sometime this afternoon. Part of the problem is that invision have flood control for posts and board sent emails but no flood control on PM's so they can send as many as they like as fast as the server will allow.

 

Obviously for their accounts survival they don't spam Admin or moderators so I need your help finding these spammer accounts. Once they're found I will do my best to delete the PMs from the database before some users even read them so if you get a PM notification but no PM you'll know why.

 

If you get one of these PMs:

  • Don't click on the link
  • Check this post to see if the member has been reported
  • If they haven't please post a copy of the PM along with the username (without a clickable link)
  • Delete the PM

 

List of reported and locked accounts:

zuratikl

 

 

 

 

Thanks,

Ben

Just got one from Zuratikl

 

Thanks for the heads up bud :D

 

Bloody spammers

Yeah, I got one. Just before I opened it I read this topic. Thanks :D

Yeah I got one from zuratikl.

 

Good work on the signature modification for the member stating not to open the link. I immediately knew not to open the link.

 

Well done :D

Same

 

deleted msg

Yeah I got one from zuratikl.

 

Good work on the signature modification for the member stating not to open the link. I immediately knew not to open the link.

 

Well done :D

 

The fact that it didn't come from a mod kinda tipped me off without even looking at the sig :jamie:

Quite a few other forums are having trouble lately with spammers having sigs with re-direct links in them

I saw the pm and immediately thought it was suss.

damn, i just paid for some viagra and a penis enlarger, as well as buying into some sort of electronics distribution deal.

Yeah I got it too from zuratikl, knew it was suss as it wasn't from a mod

 

Good work on the sig though haha, no one could miss it

 

Cheers, Ben.

figured everyone else had posted.. i wanted to as well so i don't feel lonley! i got it too!

ha ha this helped me decide to delete:

 

"zuratikl is a member of the Banned group and has 0 posts"

I also received one from him.

I was going to notify you but noticed he had already been banned.

 

Keep up the good work.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.