Pm Spam

irokin

Several members have made me aware of a situation where spammers are using our PM system to distribute links to an expernal site purporting to be "The new site rules" or something to that effect.

I don't have a solution I can impliment immediately aside from locking the accounts manually but I have a few ideas that I will try to put into effect sometime this afternoon. Part of the problem is that invision have flood control for posts and board sent emails but no flood control on PM's so they can send as many as they like as fast as the server will allow.

Obviously for their accounts survival they don't spam Admin or moderators so I need your help finding these spammer accounts. Once they're found I will do my best to delete the PMs from the database before some users even read them so if you get a PM notification but no PM you'll know why.

If you get one of these PMs:

• Don't click on the link
  • Check this post to see if the member has been reported
  • If they haven't please post a copy of the PM along with the username (without a clickable link)
  • Delete the PM

List of reported and locked accounts:

zuratikl

Thanks,

Ben

Members dont see this ad
Yeah I got one from zuratikl.

Good work on the signature modification for the member stating not to open the link. I immediately knew not to open the link.

Well done :D

The fact that it didn't come from a mod kinda tipped me off without even looking at the sig :jamie:

Quite a few other forums are having trouble lately with spammers having sigs with re-direct links in them