Real Love - What Car Have You Had That You Know....

Ok

I was thinking about this last night on my way home from work. Actually I think about it alot.

Most of us have had plenty of cars, and at the time you have a particular car you love it, right?? But there has to be one that you loved more than any of the others, one that just set your heart on fire and even though you may not have it anymore you still think of it as the best you ever had - your one true love.

My one true love - My JZX100 Chaser - it was just so comfortable, cruisy, had the ability to do all daily tasks in comfort, and when required it had the grunt there to scare the crap out of passengers and onlookers alike. I truly loved it but as usual I grew up, bought a house and needed to sell it to make the deposit.

I don't think any other car will replace it in my mind, it was just so awesome :y:

Post up yours...

Also, perhaps post up the car you hated the most.. it might be one you bought or borrowed :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, maybe not a chaser but i still loved it. My old Datsun 200b station wagon. It was a bomb and it just went and went. I bought it for $100 and i had it for 1 year till i got a defect notice on the windshield. Drove it to the scrap metal yard and got 50 bucks for it. I don't know why i sold it but i miss it so much now and every time i see a 200b i reminisce on the good old days

You loved it cause it was RWD :y: And you only made a loss of $50, not bad.

The question is a hard one for me. If you were to have asked me a month ago I easily would have said my KE30 over all my cars. Nothing could make me sell it. But now with my new addition it will become obsolete. I wont need it and well sell it. My love for my new car is growing tho...

post-1158-1242287003_thumb.jpg

My favourite car for some reason has been my very first Corolla, my 1977 KE30.

It was stock as a rock auto 3K, slow as hell, with a lot of body roll and wasn't in exceptional condition.

But I could leave it anywhere without worrying about it (even left it unlocked a few times), never gave me any problems, had a lot of fun driving past expensive cars setting off their alarms (straight through exhaust to resonator), scaring granny's with the sound, pulling up next to people with the AM radio blaring through the dash speaker lol

The girls always liked that too, they thought it was 'cute'...

I did some pretty stupid things in that car and only had one minor incident when I spun in the hills and loved a guard rail.

Pulled massive standstills smoking out my mates whole street, and shot little flames from the exhaust

Cheers, Ben.

Interesting topic... I actually had to think about it for a minute :y:

I own a Chaser... and I honestly thought it would be the car that rocked my world... (at least until I get an M5)

And it does, for sure.

But for some obscure reason, its not the car that makes me go all misty eyed and goo goo when I compare it to the (literally) hundreds of cars I've owned.

That title has been claimed by quite possibly the humblest of vehicles ever to grace my driveway...

A bog standard Datsun 120y sedan... resplendent in all its mustard yellow glory.

God I miss that hideous motorised abomination, I really do.

I'm still yet to try a car that i like driving more than my 1978 ke30. Sure it's got a few rust holes here and there, and it's not the fastest car on the streets but it's just so damn awesome to drive and it has plenty of character. Probably the second best car that i've enjoyed driving is my work mates Subaru Liberty. The AWD model that you can change the ride height on. Damn that thing goes hard and f*#k me it's loud!

my first car, which was an '84 vk calais. bought it when i turned 15, owned it up until i was 20, spent countless amounts of money on it, replacing everything you could think of, respraying it, big stereo etc. was planning on dropping an injected 5L into it but fate had other ideas when a silly old dude not paying attention slammed up my ass wen i was sitting at the lights n wrote the car off. i still miss that car, but just recently bought another vk calais which has pretty much filled the void of losing my other vk.

vkdumped.jpg

My first car was a ke30 with a 4k 5 speed. The day that it got written off by a drunk was about the worst day i could think of and i've always had a soft spot for the '30s and in a way the '55s as well, so i've always been wanting to get another one to fill the void in my life.

Almost two years back i finely was able to get another one, a ke55, and so the ae82 seca twin cam had to get moved on to make room for the '55.

And now every time i'm in another car i think to myself and realize - i truly miss my seca.

But not the motor

god i really got to hate that motor

Maybe one day i might get another one and swap out the four banger for a decent motor