June 27, 200818 yr comment_256307 I'm very happy to see someone actually doing this, modding the firewall and moving the motor back! i don't know why more people don't do it especially for all of these track only cars that are getting around. Report
June 27, 200818 yr Author comment_256691 probably because of all the work and parts needed floor mount pedal box custom headers custom tailshaft modification of steering rack especially if RHD etc moving 100-110kg 20cm further back will improve weight distribution + gearbox about 25kg, radiator approx 10-15kg with water also drivers seat is moved approx 20cm back so 75kg moved there also, maybe the car will end up being rear heavy?:P the reason I'm doing this is that last year with the old engine I had problems with rear traction, and with the added horsepower on the new engine.. Edited June 27, 200818 yr by David Report
June 28, 200818 yr comment_256911 Nice work David, it will be intresting to se the behavior of the car with so much weigt moved back Report
June 28, 200818 yr comment_256914 I'm very happy to see someone actually doing this, modding the firewall and moving the motor back! i don't know why more people don't do it especially for all of these track only cars that are getting around. Because most class regulations don't allow it, even Time Attack type events... Looking good David! Report
August 24, 200818 yr comment_270153 Holy tub-job Batman! Nice work. Pretty sure this is the most modified thing Ive seen in a while. Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272067 You good sir, are crazy. Wouldnt have it any other way :P Report
September 14, 200818 yr Author comment_274738 approx 20cm lower than stock! 5cm of travel before the rear axle housing hits the floor ( center of axle and the bracket for the upper arms ) so I'm considering to raise the floor 10cm of travel with 195/50R15 before the wheels hit the new "wheel wells"? lowest point is gearbox, and I have to make a tunnel for the exhaust considering raising the engine 2cm because of low clearance, the engine is lowered approx 4cm Report
September 14, 200818 yr comment_274761 wow, i just spent 3 hours reading this whole thread. i always say to my friends that someone should do a full time attack style ke70 just to show what they are capable of. i love the style of the two door ke70, pity we didn't get it here in oz. keep up the good work. :) Report
September 14, 200818 yr comment_274832 does cutting the car to such an extent create and sort of distortion to the chassis/body before the roll cage is in place? Report
September 15, 200818 yr Author comment_274992 does cutting the car to such an extent create and sort of distortion to the chassis/body before the roll cage is in place? not as long I have proper jack supports etc for it, and don't drive it :y: because then it would probably been in 2 separate pieces by now:D it isn't really enough load/weight to make it distort at the rear, I guess all the metal behind centre of rear axle weight alot less than 10kg Report
September 15, 200818 yr Author comment_275178 i think it could be lower lower ride height than this? only if it's a show car, this is a racecar so it won't. if I lower it more than this it will handle like crap, even here we're talking about 40mm bump steer spacers just to get rollcenter above ground will try to get some custom made 55mm and 65mm spacers for testing, hoping to get the control arms angles sorted so I won't get positive camber on bump also new 4link brackets need to be made on the axle Report
September 21, 200818 yr Author comment_276455 now I have space for an exhaust system without ruining ground clearance Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now