Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably because of all the work and parts needed

floor mount pedal box

custom headers

custom tailshaft

modification of steering rack especially if RHD

etc

moving 100-110kg 20cm further back will improve weight distribution + gearbox about 25kg, radiator approx 10-15kg with water

also drivers seat is moved approx 20cm back so 75kg moved there also, maybe the car will end up being rear heavy?:P

the reason I'm doing this is that last year with the old engine I had problems with rear traction, and with the added horsepower on the new engine..

Edited by David

I'm very happy to see someone actually doing this, modding the firewall and moving the motor back! i don't know why more people don't do it especially for all of these track only cars that are getting around.

Because most class regulations don't allow it, even Time Attack type events...

Looking good David!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

approx 20cm lower than stock!

dsc01645.jpg

5cm of travel before the rear axle housing hits the floor ( center of axle and the bracket for the upper arms ) so I'm considering to raise the floor

10cm of travel with 195/50R15 before the wheels hit the new "wheel wells"?

lowest point is gearbox, and I have to make a tunnel for the exhaust

considering raising the engine 2cm because of low clearance, the engine is lowered approx 4cm

wow, i just spent 3 hours reading this whole thread. i always say to my friends that someone should do a full time attack style ke70 just to show what they are capable of. i love the style of the two door ke70, pity we didn't get it here in oz.

keep up the good work. :)

does cutting the car to such an extent create and sort of distortion to the chassis/body before the roll cage is in place?

not as long I have proper jack supports etc for it, and don't drive it :y: because then it would probably been in 2 separate pieces by now:D

it isn't really enough load/weight to make it distort at the rear, I guess all the metal behind centre of rear axle weight alot less than 10kg

i think it could be lower

lower ride height than this? only if it's a show car, this is a racecar so it won't.

if I lower it more than this it will handle like crap, even here we're talking about 40mm bump steer spacers just to get rollcenter above ground

will try to get some custom made 55mm and 65mm spacers for testing, hoping to get the control arms angles sorted so I won't get positive camber on bump

also new 4link brackets need to be made on the axle