Phils Ke30 3sge Beams

philthy30

Awesome info. Cheers robj might have to try out a couple ideas. I was actually toying with the idea of putting a panhard rod in as I have a spare one lying around. The diff has never sat in the center of my 30 and I have never figured out why? maybe it was in a bit of a crash earlier in its life.

Cheers

Phil

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dramas Phil.

I found getting 3 of Carroll Smith's books were a great investment in the build of my car. He was a F1 manager many years ago.

The books were Tune to Win

Drive to Win

Engineer to Win.

Cost me $100- $110 5 years ago, saved me much more than that in getting the wrong info or products, and the theory of driving was good too. Each book about 150-200pages of good text.

With a good build like yours, might be worth grabbing your hand on them. Glad I was told to get them...smile.

who did the trimming for your dash looks horn!

Just a good mate of mine, he just works out of his garage at home he whipped it up in about an hour, looks overrated.

No dramas Phil.

I found getting 3 of Carroll Smith's books were a great investment in the build of my car. He was a F1 manager many years ago.

The books were Tune to Win

Drive to Win

Engineer to Win.

Cost me $100- $110 5 years ago, saved me much more than that in getting the wrong info or products, and the theory of driving was good too. Each book about 150-200pages of good text.

With a good build like yours, might be worth grabbing your hand on them. Glad I was told to get them...smile.

Cheers mate I will definately keep an eye out for them. I have got a sound knowledge of most of the other stuff but the technical side of suspension still puzzles me haha.

Hi Guys I'm one of Phils very good friends and I am sorry to report that Phil was in a crash on his motorcross bike and had a head on crash, and received serious head injures and at moment is on life surport till his parents get back from amercia, I am sorry to report this, but i knew how much he loved rolla club, i will talk to his parents when the time it right and see if we can carry the build on for Phil and finish it as he want to, he was getting very close and could not wait to have it on the road

Thank You Logan

I should realy post it on here but its easyier for you's to know, Phil is not going to pull thought, they just trying to keeping him going so his parents can say goodbye, he was a much loved friend and is going to be very hard with out him, I don't realy know what else to so guys, but has been hard last day and a half.

Logan

Edited by Logandavis

Thank You very much, Its going to be hard times to come and I will pass condolances on to his family, But I will keep guys posted with whats happening with car as Phil would wanted, And I Will carry on doing what Phil wanted to do, but it will never be the same

Logan

Wow, I'm shocked. I was following this build and its sad to see mr phil not being able to finish this himself.

I respect you and those who will help finish the build off. I would want to same thing if anything happened to me.

I wish you and those that loved phil for the strength needed to handle this and to carry on.

Edited by cuzzo

I'm shocked, that just put a tear in my eye. I was following this eagerly and had no doubt that this would be one of the best Corolla's on the club. Thank you for giving us the news, Logan. I too give my condolences to everyone affected by the tragedy. Phil would be happy to know that the KE30 will be finished.

Vincent.

• 4 years later...