Car Security For Ke70

M3LOW

Hey all,

Just something that came across my mind, considering KE70's are piss easy to break into, I'm thinking i would like some sort of security for mine, as I am afraid of it getting stolen or broken into. I was considering creating a cut off switch and hiding it somewhere under the dash so It would not be visible. But yeah...

Was also considering shaving the door handles, to do something different.

Ideas/suggestions/experiences?

Members dont see this ad

If you're in an area bad enough to worry about it, park in a well lit area (or better yet, a garage) remove the rotor button when you park and leave nothing of any value whatsoever inside the car, have a decent (read: NOT CHEAP) car alarm and immobiliser fitted and don't go installing hektic stereo's into Kesevs......

All commonsense things really, but before anyone says it, don't put all your faith in Solex locks, they can be gotten past like they weren't even there and lets face it, they are ugly locks.......

Hope this helps.....

employ someone to lay across the footwell of the back of the car under a pile of cardboard boxes holding an axe

this one's hilarious when it works but they often get a bit crazy laying there in the parked car all day

leave a tiger in the car or hook the accelerator pedal up to a bomb under the drivers seat, or take the engine with you whenever you're goign more than 1.5 meters away from the car

LOL @ half of these replies, they made me laugh.

Toy-Yoda I do use common sense when I leave my car, I make sure nothing valuable is visible, but its jut the thought of someone breaking into it and stealing it which worries me slightly. Cheers for the advice.

I might just try a kill switch and see how that goes. But as most of you have said, if someone wants to break into your car, its the simple matter of smashing the window.

a guy from work broke into my ke55 cause i locked the keys in it with a coat hanger and it took him 2mins i was like :P

or hook up a taser under the cloth of the seat and put a overide switch when you plan to drive it. or stick a couple of pins in the seat that been dipped in swine flue or rabies or hiv

Edited by Evan G

Yeh round top locks are a sinch.

My mate, with virtually no practice got into a mates laser in a matter of seconds the other day.

I got into my bluebird one by prising the top of the window frame out far enough that I could jam my arm in and just unlock it. Old corollas would be just as easy.

kill switches work, even in plain site.

my 1g ke70 was trailered to a workshop about 5pm on a sunday afternoon, got back there at 8am the following morning, to see the door ajar, the refidex open on the bonnet (wtf) the rear seats lifted up, the key barrel and surround unscrewed (as you probably know, take the surround off, and the barrell is held in with one screw, then you can start the car with a screw driver.

not sure if steering lock works with barrell removed? think its easy to get around.

anyway, so i look in the car, theyve obviously got in, and tried to start it, and got nowhere. lifted the seats to trace wiring to battery in boot etc.

but blatantly missed the alloy plate the battery wires went to, it was screwed down where the console would normally be, with the killswitch off and removed.

all they had to do was flip it over, undo the wires with a 17mm spanner, and put them together...

they didnt work it out.

killswitch and ebay car alarm that makes alot of noise will deter all the opportunists, and not many serious thieves want a ke70...

if you get an ebay alarm, get one with a remote, and put in normal central locking, then u get remote central locking, for about 100 bucks. if you have the skills and patience to wire it up yourself

Corolla's aren't always easy to break into. At a party once someone was bragging about being able to break into his car with ease whenever he locked his keys inside so we put him to the test with our cars. Managed to get into everyone's except mine. (1 Excel, 2 VL's and a lancer)

One thing to make sure about with immobilisers is that you can't find them straight away if you look under, as that's sometimes the first thing checked. I remember in a different thread 13_BT Ke20 talking about the best immobiliser he has seen being a bolt that you had to press, so something like that might be the go.

You could try something like this: :jamie:

totally-secure-fail.jpg

lol i know one guy with a ke70 that has done this, 3sgte in his. put his windows done abit and pad locks the 2 doors to the b pillars so you have to break a window and climb in.

i can get in to pretty much any ke70 with my ke70 key, i tryed it on 5 ke70s so far and all worked, even able to start 3 of them with it.

Edited by Roo