Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 933
  • Views 424.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

box is too clean for a t50 put some grease on it

  • Author

Bloody rained all day so i didnt get a chance to put the motor in. Bloody Murphy. :)

 

Instead I put in a steering rack, connected some hoses to the heater core, found and fitted a better steering uni joint, and combination switch. I just have to slip (bash probably) the steering column into place and plug it all in, and Ill be dropping in the motor after that I guess. I wasnt going to put the steering in yet, but the rain meant that I couldn't do much with the crane and motor out front of the garage. If it stops for a few hours later on I might give it another go. Bit over it and frustrated right now. Just want some sunshine and another day to work on it, all of which I don't have.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

shes coming along fast matty i tred to ring u but u were out i think or u just don't luv me anymore lol

  • Author
shes coming along fast matty i tred to ring u but u were out i think or u just don't luv me anymore lol

 

don't get insecure on me baby.

 

Anyhow, I dropped the motor in as soon as it dried up enough outside. I spent so long getting ready to do it that it was a breeze. 25 minutes and a little help from My girl and it was too easy. I don't think I even dented much or scraped anything thats visible. Hopefully the heater core is ok. I did give it a bit of a rub, you might say, next time I may leave it out while fitting the motor.

 

I also went and met rolliac tonight and purchased his spare set of silvertop ITBs. They will work better on this silvertop than the ae111 throttles. Rolliac is the fellow who bought Trevs car, and hes working hard on getting it running.

 

The ae111 throttles will go on the 2azfe build. Need the extra flow they provide in that application.

 

So tomorrow I might try and fit the quads if I can get a gasket for the manifold to head union from somewhere. I'm thinking i might redo the clutch line because i found an actual JDM ae86 solid line here unmolested that i saved a long time ago for just such an occasion. I'm going by the brake shop as well to get the slave recoed, and a new rubber line for the thing as well. Funny story, the fellow at the brake shop had the same last name as a few mates of mine from Toowoomba. Hes my mates' uncle. Small world.

post-2885-1265025776_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025796_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025819_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025839_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025867_thumb.jpg

Was good meeting ya tonight man. Hope I wasn’t slurring my words too much. I’d had a few.

 

Hope the Quads are all good. Should be sweet.

yay u still love me , the motor looks like it went in easy as, looks god matty i can't wait to go for a drive with u,

getting close to winning man... love how fast you work... :jamie:

  • Author
lookin good chief :jamie:

 

Thanks guys. I'm having fun with it.

 

Did a little more today.

 

Did up some bolts to hold the motor in, had a look to see if the stock heater tap can be used, and it cannot.

 

Made a ground cable from motor to body. I used 140 amp cable for those playing at home.

 

I started to sandblast the swaybar mounts for painting and it rained on me, i got one painted the other is still retched looking. Might try to do that before it gets any later if the rain eases. The neighbours don't like to hear the compressor, and I can't blame them, haha.

 

I might slip the shifter into the car, and put the jdm tailshaft in.

 

My next real big priority is to get the front suspension re-installed and drop it back to the ground, and then raise the rear for a diff/tank swap.

 

The Ill have beerhead over to wire it and we will have it running in about an hour I reckon.

 

I desperately need the gasket that goes between silvertop itb manifold and the head. Its a bit of a thorn in my side at this time, a new one is 50 something dollars and will take a week to get here at least.

Yeah trying to run the heater with this swap sucks.... Its too f@$kin crowded with shit at the back intake side corner... I ended up ripping my heater system out, planning to get a 12v heater fan to replace it and keep it legalish...

  • Author
Yeah trying to run the heater with this swap sucks.... Its too f@$kin crowded with shit at the back intake side corner... I ended up ripping my heater system out, planning to get a 12v heater fan to replace it and keep it legalish...

 

 

I'm going to the wreckers to get a heater tap off of a wide body camry. Its a little black plastic one and mounts on one bolt. I might hide it under the throttles.

 

Rain has eased so Ive now blasted and painted my swaybar mounts with flat black vht.

  • Author

Well that didnt take too long, Ive now found the gasket I needed for the ITBs and also a new set of linkages for them.

 

Should be here by next week. Since I can't go too hard with the motor till I get the quad parts Ill do the suspension and diff next and swap the tank. Then once I get the bits it'll be all engine bay action until its running.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.