20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Bloody rained all day so i didnt get a chance to put the motor in. Bloody Murphy. :)

Instead I put in a steering rack, connected some hoses to the heater core, found and fitted a better steering uni joint, and combination switch. I just have to slip (bash probably) the steering column into place and plug it all in, and Ill be dropping in the motor after that I guess. I wasnt going to put the steering in yet, but the rain meant that I couldn't do much with the crane and motor out front of the garage. If it stops for a few hours later on I might give it another go. Bit over it and frustrated right now. Just want some sunshine and another day to work on it, all of which I don't have.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

shes coming along fast matty i tred to ring u but u were out i think or u just don't luv me anymore lol

don't get insecure on me baby.

Anyhow, I dropped the motor in as soon as it dried up enough outside. I spent so long getting ready to do it that it was a breeze. 25 minutes and a little help from My girl and it was too easy. I don't think I even dented much or scraped anything thats visible. Hopefully the heater core is ok. I did give it a bit of a rub, you might say, next time I may leave it out while fitting the motor.

I also went and met rolliac tonight and purchased his spare set of silvertop ITBs. They will work better on this silvertop than the ae111 throttles. Rolliac is the fellow who bought Trevs car, and hes working hard on getting it running.

The ae111 throttles will go on the 2azfe build. Need the extra flow they provide in that application.

So tomorrow I might try and fit the quads if I can get a gasket for the manifold to head union from somewhere. I'm thinking i might redo the clutch line because i found an actual JDM ae86 solid line here unmolested that i saved a long time ago for just such an occasion. I'm going by the brake shop as well to get the slave recoed, and a new rubber line for the thing as well. Funny story, the fellow at the brake shop had the same last name as a few mates of mine from Toowoomba. Hes my mates' uncle. Small world.

post-2885-1265025776_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025796_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025819_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025839_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1265025867_thumb.jpg

lookin good chief :jamie:

Thanks guys. I'm having fun with it.

Did a little more today.

Did up some bolts to hold the motor in, had a look to see if the stock heater tap can be used, and it cannot.

Made a ground cable from motor to body. I used 140 amp cable for those playing at home.

I started to sandblast the swaybar mounts for painting and it rained on me, i got one painted the other is still retched looking. Might try to do that before it gets any later if the rain eases. The neighbours don't like to hear the compressor, and I can't blame them, haha.

I might slip the shifter into the car, and put the jdm tailshaft in.

My next real big priority is to get the front suspension re-installed and drop it back to the ground, and then raise the rear for a diff/tank swap.

The Ill have beerhead over to wire it and we will have it running in about an hour I reckon.

I desperately need the gasket that goes between silvertop itb manifold and the head. Its a bit of a thorn in my side at this time, a new one is 50 something dollars and will take a week to get here at least.

Yeah trying to run the heater with this swap sucks.... Its too f@$kin crowded with shit at the back intake side corner... I ended up ripping my heater system out, planning to get a 12v heater fan to replace it and keep it legalish...

I'm going to the wreckers to get a heater tap off of a wide body camry. Its a little black plastic one and mounts on one bolt. I might hide it under the throttles.

Rain has eased so Ive now blasted and painted my swaybar mounts with flat black vht.

Well that didnt take too long, Ive now found the gasket I needed for the ITBs and also a new set of linkages for them.

Should be here by next week. Since I can't go too hard with the motor till I get the quad parts Ill do the suspension and diff next and swap the tank. Then once I get the bits it'll be all engine bay action until its running.