kangaroosa

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its just bolted to the wheel well with the supplied soft mount. Earth straight to the mounting. The Ign Wire come from the pump relay in the engine bay.

The fuel line plugs straight onto the top of the fuel tank where the existing line was. From there it goes into an efi fuel filter and then into the pump Then the outlet off the pump goes behind the tank and through the floor where the existing line goes. Its then just hose clamped on the metal line that runs under the car.

In the engine bay, I have a Holley Red regulator and inline pressure gauge.

The pics wont attach so i'll try them later......if you read this before then.

*EDIT* Pics just uploaded

post-336-1263023797_thumb.jpg

post-336-1263024177_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

Dfunkt and I were lucky enough to be able to drop in on Roosa today and go for a spin round the block, car looks great, sounds great, pulls up pretty nicely (although not how it used to were told :jamie: ) and considering it's basically a stock 12A it screams along really well!

Really great job mate, especially when it was done at home! Brilliant!

Just need to make it as loud as my wagon now :y:

Jarrad

• 1 month later...

hay mate i talk to john waterhouse his a rotary rally car drive and owns a rotary work shop very well respected man.

he said that the rota should be fine for brake vacuum

do you have pics of were u have your brake hose i would like to see incase you may need to put it in a different place

You can see it in the pic above of the regulator. Its bolted to the intake manifold....same place as standard.

I grabbed a vacuum canister on friday, but am yet to plumb it up. I have to move the alarm siren and i've got a severe case of the coombies.

The exhaust from the extractors to the diff is how it went through engineering. Its starting to make horrible noises and is showing signs of how hot these exhausts really get. The big muffler i have to quieten it down, is all heat stressed and starting to crack.

So the cars booked in Tuesday to have a new system put on it.

From the extractors, it will continue as twin 2" Pipes. Under the gearbox and then into a 2" Rotaflo RFR200 resonator on each pipe. Then into a 2.5" coupler before the diff and 2.5" over the diff. Finally the rear 2.5" Rotaflo RF250 muffler will be staying with the droop tip. Hopefully will still be quiet, whilst letting it breath alot better....and most importantly the rattles and vibrations of the collapsing muffler will be gone.

post-336-1267936726_thumb.jpg

exhaust should give you a nice little increase you power, retune is prob needed to get the best result

Yeah I hope for a few more ponies. Its got a big flat spot down low as it is.....so hopefully between the exhaust and a retune, it should be cured.

I took it for a spin this arvo and the brakes feel the same. Its holding vacuum so i'm tipping its not a vacuum issue now. Might do away with the green stuff pads and try something different.

P.S. I know the Greenstuff pads need heat in them to work...and yes i had plenty of heat in them .

If you're going for a 12AEP later on, you'll need to retain that vacuum canister anyway, so it might seem like a wasted purchase at the moment, but will be a huge sigh of relief down the track when the 12AEP goes in.

Interesting brake issue though.....hows the master cylinder? What type of feel does the pedal have? Hard or a soft, spongy feel?