The New Machine - Ra23 - *new Pictures*

RA28GT

Members dont see this ad

I love this car! it's beautiful - not smothered in shit, not a wanna be drifter, not a pretender - pure class

My goal is just a GT replica really, I've got a strong 18RG that I'm putting in during my holidays and it will get stripped back and painted mid next year, and finally some GT side stripes to finish her off.

• 3 months later...

Spend a bit of time getting my 23 alot nicer to drive lately.

Finally took out the old 18RC with the auto and swapped in an 18RG with a 5 Speed. Replaced a bunch of gaskets and got any leaks sorted, heat wrapped the extractors and spent a bunch of time cleaning up the engine bay, gave it a quick polish and tidied up some wires.

Old 18RC Out:

IMG_1587_zpsecbc8178.jpg

Empty Engine Bay:

IMG_1588_zpscdfb6a3b.jpg

Painted Crossmember and cleaned up paint as best I could:

IMG_1601_zps98214513.jpg

Extractors:

IMG_1605_zpsc6585753.jpg

After Wrap:

IMG_1607_zps605fcbe4.jpg

Sitting in Engine bay:

IMG_1608_zps27e56977.jpg

Ready for drive:

IMG_1610_zpsdcb03c3d.jpg

All finished and clean:

P2090265_zps66687152.jpg

P2090258_zps8dcbe579.jpg

I've still gotta paint the top section of the engine bay, there's some surface rust under the latch that needs a tidy up but apart from that its reasonably tidy, painted the block and cleaned up everything else as best I could.

Any ideas on filtering the rear carb throat nearest the booster? There is never any room at that spot.

My mate runs these on his holden.

post-2201-0-17620400-1364029559_thumb.jpg

Are really only for it to stop it inhaling birds and small children. Don't think they'd do much with fine dust but it's better than nothing.

Any ideas on filtering the rear carb throat nearest the booster? There is never any room at that spot.

Did you baffle the 18RG sump? or will it just go around corners slowly?

There's enough room down there for socks, I drive with them on just didn't have them on for photos as there looking pretty filthy.

Sump isn't baffle'd, I can't see it going around a track any time soon, haven't had any pressure issues on the street before?

• 5 months later...