Whats The Attraction Of White Walls?

curly

How to stir up a hornets nest i know. white wall tyres were on 50's and early 60's cars so why do people put them on 70's and 80's cars, to me it's the same as putting wooden wheels on a 57 chevy, i can't beleive that when someone posts a story on there say immac original ke55 theres a whole heap of people responding with calls to cut the coils, venitians, mazda 808 hub caps(or some other brand) and white walls, totally taking away from its originality and devalueing it in the process. to me knothing looks sillier than a ke70 with white walls

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How to stir up a hornets nest i know. white wall tyres were on 50's and early 60's cars so why do people put them on 70's and 80's cars, to me it's the same as putting wooden wheels on a 57 chevy, i can't beleive that when someone posts a story on there say immac original ke55 theres a whole heap of people responding with calls to cut the coils, venitians, mazda 808 hub caps(or some other brand) and white walls, totally taking away from its originality and devalueing it in the process. to me knothing looks sillier than a ke70 with white walls

I don't get it either.

Probably comes down to people wanting a classic car and liking the look, but not having the coin to splurge on a tidy 1950s or 1960s hot rod.

I had on my white ke70 a very thin white band painted around the bead of the tyres, a while back I cleaned off the white bands as I thought it didnt suit it anymore.... I agree when it comes to cutting springs and putting parts from another car onto an immaculate Corolla is just a wrong idea, If anything it just more integrity you take away from it. Things like a venetian, weather shield or pinstrips can be beneficial in up keeping the cars integrity.

different strokes for different folks. you guys have different opinions to those that like em. i for one do like em and will be putting them on my daily.

and quite frankly i don't believe anyone really gives a crap what other people think.

at the end of the day cars are for the individual.

Not a fan of them myself, but hey different strokes for different folks.

Another argument could be why spend many times more than the car was worth making a street registered corolla run 11 sec quarters when you can only legally do 100 kays on the highway? Doesn't that take away originality, so should theoretically devalue the car?

Really RWD Corollas are worth SFA. It is not like whitewalls are an irreversable modification that involves carving up the car.

Edited by Felix

Not a fan of them myself, but hey different strokes for different folks.

Another argument could be why spend many times more than the car was worth making a street registered corolla run 11 sec quarters when you can only legally do 100 kays on the highway? Doesn't that take away originality, so should theoretically devalue the car?

Really RWD Corollas are worth SFA. It is not like whitewalls are an irreversable modification that involves carving up the car.

A overrated ke10 is not worth SFA and if it was just whitewalls i would agree, it would be a long time before a ke38 is worth a lot of money so from my original investment of $253 it doesn't seem to count

Edited by curly

also just think... i reckon early model commodores with late model style kits looks gay... but to the individual and to some of the commodore community they reckon its looks good.

but thats my opinion NOT the opinion of some others.

Any car with a non factory kit at all is gay imo, but thats just me.

corollas arent worth shit, never will be,

a ke25 is an insanely attractive shape, better than the rx3 imo, but the fact is the rx3 came with a cool motor,

the corolla has an unbearable pos 1300 at best, keep it original all you want, but don't pretend its enjoyable to drive.

Whitewalls? whatever floats your boat, you will never get everyone to agree entirely on wheel choice,

70s cars still have the chrome and all that, still the right style of car imo.