Well, I'll Never Buy Another Toyota

F**king dorks!!

You can no longer heel 'n toe or left foot brake....

The giant Japanese automaker has said all new models sold in the United States will have the override system by 2011 and that many recalled vehicles will be refitted with it.

The system automatically deactivates the accelerator when the brake pedal is pressed, allowing the driver to stop safely even if the car's throttle is stuck open.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/ap_on_...e/toyota_recall

Although maybe its only for the Yanks, the babies of the world!

...& over the weekend I heard the commentators in the V8Supercrs talking about a driver who left-foot braked, and the team told him to stop because although he was faster it used more fuel, and that was more important! Now, is that really racing or not?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a retrofit, its defeatable.

I doubt it will be incorporated into the ECU...

Still a f*cking stupid idea though. Wasn't it the over-complicated electronics that got them into trouble in the first place?

I'm not sure who to despise more. Toyota, or the dumbshit Americans who don't know how to drive them.

this reminds me of that bloke in ford that couldnt turn off the cruise control?

uh put it in nutural?

turn the engine off?

or drive till you run outta petrol?

doesnt ecu in the 350z blimp the trottle automatically when you put the clutch in, in sports mode?

They said all they needed to do was knock it out of gear, but I don't like that idea with a wide open throttle :yes:

Oh god forbid you blow your engine! Yes, hitting that wall at 100mph is a MUCH better alternative.

As for the design changes, meh, boo hoo, you'll all get over it. Were you really going to buy a new Corolla/Camry/whatever anyway? Judging by the number of new corollas I see around here I seriously doubt it.

If you cannot bring a vehicle to a complete halt due to a fault like these you shouldn't be driving.

They will bring out ejector seats soon.

And evan G I think its only the new 370z that does the blip on down change. I may be wrong..

What I don't get is people who drive autos and left foot brake?? So you see them driving along off from the lights brake lights blazing and smoke billowing from their pads because they have taken off with one foot on brake, one on accelerator >|

Wrong :hmm:

But yeah cars are having the fun engineered out of them. With the amount of crap Toyota is in due to this issue they have to do something guys :yes:

honestly there's not much in the toyota fleet I'd buy other than for a cheap easy econo-box LIKE a corolla or similar.

Or a hilux, and left foot braking in a turbo diesel (only way to roll) isn't really a priority.

Oh I do like the IS200/IS250/Altezzas though.

But yeah cars are having the fun engineered out of them. With the amount of crap Toyota is in due to this issue they have to do something guys :yes:

how about we petition toyota to re-release the *E7*?

but this time, make it an SE71 GT... Beams in a two door liftback ftw! Just imagine corolla going back to RWD the way it should be, and they aren't allowed to add any tech wizbangs... just EFI to run the 200ish hp the beams does...

I can see it now "Rollaclub recommendations save Toyota"