Evski's Re55 22R Goodness

Evan G

got my rwc inspection done today.

important stuff

- gearbox mount shot

- rear muffler cracked

- door/boot weather trims rooted

then theres the little shit like. door hinges noisy/ console loose/ coolant leak from bottom hose

anyone got a rear muffler i can borrow :S

So when you put the gearbox back in you didn't notice the gearbox mount was stuffed up????

Just a question did you use those head bolts?? It is just that it is fairly cheap to buy new ones.

Otherwise well done on the rebuild looks pretty descent :)

Members dont see this ad
So when you put the gearbox back in you didn't notice the gearbox mount was stuffed up????

Just a question did you use those head bolts?? It is just that it is fairly cheap to buy new ones.

Otherwise well done on the rebuild looks pretty descent :S

well it was fine till i let it the weight of the box hang on it, (tried my luck but my boss saw it :))

dear god no, i saw those headbolts and i was like "i aint using these" so i stole like 6 from my other engine. i rememberd another member who snapped a headbolt in his block, prob cause his bolts looked like mine

cheers buddy, can you come to my work and bash everyone who's telling me why waste my time? :)

important stuff

- gearbox mount shot

- rear muffler cracked

- door/boot weather trims rooted

then theres the little s**t like: door hinges noisy/ console loose/ coolant leak from bottom hose

Well...

- Fix or Replace the Gearbox Mount.

- Get a New Muffler.

- Get some Door/Boot Weather Trims.

- Spray some WD40 (RP7) on the Door Hinges.

- Tighten up the Console.

- Replace the Coolant Hose.

Do all of those, then you'll have yourself a RWC K-fidy-5.

Edited by ewt

- r/h door beadings torn

- bootlid beading torn

- rear door beading torn

- tyres low on thread

- fuel leak from fuel line

- clutch & brake pedal rubbers worn

- number plate lights not working

- gearshifter console loose

- passanger seat adjuster knob missing

- gearbox mount broken

- muffler cracked

- coolant leak from bottom hose

- rear shockers leaking

orderd door seals from ebay, not far to go!

You got knocked on noisy door hinges? That's fair harsh. My old white vl use to clunk when opening and shutting the drivers door and it passed no worries :P

yea they went crazy, my foreman told me i needed a engineers for the manual conversion. i laughed soooo f@$king hard!

i don't blame him really for being strict as vic roads will check over everything agian

Vic roads have cracked down on easy roadies lately. They have realised that every man and there dog can do roadies now as they have given to many licences out. When you got caught for a rwc that wasn't up to scratch you used to get a warning, it was much like a licence points system that we all know. Now, if you stuff up there's no second choice... They take it away without a worry. Recently happened to a mate of mine over a warn tyre that was supposed to be getting replaced before they went to vicroads but they didn't do it. Bugger...

That would explain the harshish roady, but I still think you've done well.

Vic roads have cracked down on easy roadies lately. They have realised that every man and there dog can do roadies now as they have given to many licences out. When you got caught for a rwc that wasn't up to scratch you used to get a warning, it was much like a licence points system that we all know. Now, if you stuff up there's no second choice... They take it away without a worry. Recently happened to a mate of mine over a warn tyre that was supposed to be getting replaced before they went to vicroads but they didn't do it. Bugger...

That would explain the harshish roady, but I still think you've done well.

yea I'm more than happy with my list,

my foreman was instructed by his boss to give a roadyworth to a service advisors car, there was a torn split CV that was pick up on the rwc. my foreman gave him a rwc and the guy said ill fix it before i go to vic roads....

he never did, and he sold the car the next week, vic roads cracked down on my foremand, looking through all his history of rwc that he has giving out before. apprently he was soooo close to getting his licence revoked

i was asking my foreman on some questions about rwc. he told me he HAS to report something. i asked how about if everything is rwc? he still had to report something so it didnt look like he was giving out a dodgy rwc.

so i left the simple shit

brake/ clutch pedal rubbers

rear shocks etc etc

HUGE UPDATE

rwc - complete!

post-8435-1279529347_thumb.jpg

washed (look how the engine is in the back round :laff:)

post-8435-1279529360_thumb.jpgpost-8435-1279529373_thumb.jpg

cleannnnnn

post-8435-1279529384_thumb.jpg

custom made guage holder to cover the radio

post-8435-1279529398_thumb.jpgpost-8435-1279529430_thumb.jpg

old parcel shelf

post-8435-1279529413_thumb.jpg

wrapped in suede, total cost $25 looks overrated!

post-8435-1279529837_thumb.jpg

just incase ;)

post-8435-1279529455_thumb.jpg

YEAAAA BOI!

yeaha. good shit. made a booking for rego? the $35 fee you have to pay for them to basically read your engine and chassis no: is so BS!

ohh, good idea on the fire extinguisher! i got one too, but only because i did my own wiring :laff:

Edited by e70van

yeaha. good shit. made a booking for rego? the $35 fee you have to pay for them to basically read your engine and chassis no: is so BS!

ohh, good idea on the fire extinguisher! i got one too, but only because i did my own wiring ;)

LOL! are you for real? i still have to clean it up, wash the sump before i go in :laff:

i "found" the bracket at work and stuck it I'm my tool box, next week my brother came home with like 8 small fire extinguisher cause work didnt want them!

like its not gonna hurt to have one "just incase"