V-tech Into Ke30

rollah

Members dont see this ad
pretty sure ive heard that b16a's and b18c's spin backwards so you have no option but a f20c..pricey!!!

All the hondas can be made to spin the other way, you can buy reverse oil pumps, cams starters, then program the v tec to work in reverse, easy but lots of $$$$$

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

I'm not the cluest bloke when it comes to engine conversion but if you want a revvvyyyy motor what about keeping it toyota 2zzge????? I know it above the 1650cc classs but i have a sportivo and i love that 6K-8k sound and pull i think they got more torque than the v-tec aswelll.....correct me if I'm wrong i did say I'm not an expert!

now i ask why? where does the expense come in compared to say RWD converting a BT 20v?

there are heaps of kit guys out there with RWD 2zzge's

Didn't say there wasn't but it is expensive, Almost did a 2zzge in my AE82 because my boss said I could have the engine package cheap but it was too big but they are fwd in a ZZE...

well from what i gather...

w57 + adaptor plate works very well. on the adaptor plate you need to make engine mount tabs as there are no suitable RWD mounting points on the block.

cost??? well depends if youre handy enough to do it yourself.

front engine mount would be a little tricky and perhaps ugly but could be cheap to do. ie i would use tubing bent to the point you need.

convert the cooling system? i have looked at one and i don't believe it'd be as complex as a 20v.

apart from that there only leaves basics.. efi fuel system brakes etc etc.

it would be a great thing in a lightweight rwd car seriously this engine gives me a woody.

they don't cost as much as you think either. my last quote was $1750. pretty reasonable considering the technology.

anyway back on topic V-techs are great but a lot of work involved. more work than some other engine conversions