Genuine Toyota 3k Duel Carby Setup

comtoy

hi i was at a swap meet yesterday and pick up a genuine toyota 3k duel carby setup it has the original toyota emblem stamped on the carbies and manifold and displays these numbers

manifold stamped with this number 17111-24010

carby 1 ISO 2 K22 metal tag states 24190 and carby is stamped with old toyota emblem

carby 2 ISO 1 K22 metal tag states 24180 and carby is stamped with old toyota emblem

and they are both Aisan carbs

post-8920-1272790854_thumb.jpg

post-8920-1272791255_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

so how much are these worth normally and also what should i quote to the auto shop when i get the carby rebuild kit as i will be putting a full kit through them as the bloke said he's had them sitting around his shed for several years

Hi,

Good price for setup. Fairly complete. Linkages are the rarest part on these. Great score :) What swap meet was this one you also speak of?

As for your set you have late-model one out of a KE3X or KE50 coupe. You can tell as your carby has hot idle devices, fuel inlet for carbies is a metal line that screws in. Early carbies had a rubber hose barb adn a last chance fine filter that is replaceable.

Also the manifold at the rear has a hose line for brakes. Early manifolds had a plug in here. Your setup is the same as one of my late setups sourced from a KE50.

Very easy to fit to all KE models but.

One thing your set has going for them is you have the better throttle cable setup. Much better than early one.

Also I can tell you know you will have trouble sourcing needle and seats for the twin setups. They are slightly different to single carbies and the rebuild kits don't come with the right ones. Well all the kits I have used so treat the needle and seats well.

Cheers

Cameron

You're also going to have to get yourself a set of extractors to run with these due to the "hot-box" flange - It has 2x bolts on either side were most stock manis only have 1x on one sdie an 2x on the other. No other ex mani (except the one it came with) will bolt onto it so its just easier to run extractors.

Hi,

Good price for setup. Fairly complete. Linkages are the rarest part on these. Great score :) What swap meet was this one you also speak of?

As for your set you have late-model one out of a KE3X or KE50 coupe. You can tell as your carby has hot idle devices, fuel inlet for carbies is a metal line that screws in. Early carbies had a rubber hose barb adn a last chance fine filter that is replaceable.

Also the manifold at the rear has a hose line for brakes. Early manifolds had a plug in here. Your setup is the same as one of my late setups sourced from a KE50.

Very easy to fit to all KE models but.

One thing your set has going for them is you have the better throttle cable setup. Much better than early one.

Also I can tell you know you will have trouble sourcing needle and seats for the twin setups. They are slightly different to single carbies and the rebuild kits don't come with the right ones. Well all the kits I have used so treat the needle and seats well.

Cheers

Cameron

the swap meet i speak of was at quirindi nsw mate even picked up a couple of wide hotwire wheels for me hardtop

Sounds like a winning swap meet.

Also not to step on Taz toes but early KE1X possibly KE2X had a different Hot box stud pattern and different size hot box.

My late model twin setup has a late shape hot box and will fit any KE3X,55,70 hot box. So see if it will match a manifold before getting extractors.

Also the water cooling casting on these manifolds that runs under cyclinder 4 usually fouls on extractors so have to watch for this.

And below is a pic of an early KE15 exhaust manifold with different hot box.

post-1811-1272883722_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Cameron