LittleRedSpirit

• 4 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I managed to almost equal my previous times.

I should have dumped some air from my rear end and softened the suspension up but I was too lazy and uninspired and didnt manage better than 15.6.

Plus, I was hoping to get a few runs in but I got there at 730 to find the lanes backed up to scrutineering. I got 2 in and that was all there was time for. Bit of a shit night, plus the adaptronic application had a little tizzy right as I was about to lunch the first run and I wasnt able to datalog it, but the second run was quicker and with better shifts and i was able to log that one, I'm still a bit rich from 6000-8500.

Ive also put the rev limit up to 8500 just so I can still get similar speed out of each gear as the 4.3:1 rear end that I was used to is broken and I'm using 4.5s now. I found out that the car is best launched at 6000rpm. I got my best 60 footer ever. I think it was 2.125.

Cool, wow 4.5 is so low gears.

I remember one night when my car was n/a i was running 15.5s for about 5 or six runs, on my last run of the night i let my tyres down to 20psi, and ran a 14.9. It didnt even feel quicker on that run either, must have made the difference though.

I can't remember what 60ft i was getting though.

Good to hear youre getting out there, I'm getting very anxious to have a decent car to drive again soon......

Cool, wow 4.5 is so low gears.

I remember one night when my car was n/a i was running 15.5s for about 5 or six runs, on my last run of the night i let my tyres down to 20psi, and ran a 14.9. It didnt even feel quicker on that run either, must have made the difference though.

I can't remember what 60ft i was getting though.

Good to hear youre getting out there, I'm getting very anxious to have a decent car to drive again soon......

I believe youve built some excellent cars in the past so I'm keen to see what you come up with. :hmm:

I just enjoy the science of it all I think. Test this, log that, learn a process, make changes, test, look at the data, make corrections, retry, its all about making the most of the hardware I already have before I invest in more capacity. Which, with what I have equates to working towards a seriously refined tune and I think the possibility of a 15.2-15.3 second pass. I might try putting some taller and softer springs in one day and really letting the rear squat down, plus the 20psi in the rears, you never know maybe a 15 flat. That would make me happy.

• 6 months later...

Hello yall.

Off to the test and tune again tonight. Have made about 200 map revisions with the wideband since my last visit. So will be racing tonight and datalogging the flat strap runs for further tuning. I hope its not too busy if it doesnt rain I'm there. Have got a beamer and my mates Sprinter and a mates nimbus all coming along to race, so steal a car from someone and come race!