May 29, 201016 yr comment_440900 Which is better, down vs sidedraft, weber vs solex vs Dellorto? DGAV,DCD,DHS,DIDTA vs DCOE,PHH,DHLA! Report
May 29, 201016 yr comment_440911 Depends on your application. For outright performance, side draft is better than down IMHO. Weber and Dellorto are about the same, although parts for Dellortos are more expensve and sometimes harder to get. Solexs make good paper weights. SU's I've found to be very under rated. I had a set of 1.5's and they were great. If you want driveability and something like fuel economy, down draft weber. If you want to suck in shrubs and small children as you drive by, side draft. Edited May 29, 201016 yr by Redwarf Report
May 29, 201016 yr comment_440916 Side draft ,weber ,dellorto :blinks: as dwarf said solex are paper weights. rob Report
May 29, 201016 yr Author comment_440917 I agree with the downdraft being better for driveabilty and fuel economy, accept when it,s a 40/40 DFAV! Wicked sequential, 28mm chokes, power valve for high rpm and huge torque! Just fitted one of those to a mates 4.1 Fal-con with ported EFI head, warm solid cam, extractors and the 40/40 DFAV on standard manifold with adaptor to fit to the EFI head! After rejetting dyno results showed Close to 220hp at only 5500rpm, up from the standard 34/34ADM,s result of a series of 170-185hp runs at the same rpm! I,ve got a 4AC with a 32/36DGAV and it dyno'd just on 110hp at 6000rpm! Report
May 29, 201016 yr Author comment_440929 Yeah, not sure bout dat one hey? Damn hard to get parts for Solex but! Report
May 29, 201016 yr comment_440976 my ke70 rally car is running 4k with twin solexs, and is pumping out 82hp at the wheels. runs very well, and yes parts are difficult to get, but i still got seal kits, but had to solder up and re-drill jets. stay in tune really well, on par with dellortos in my opinion. yes su's are very underated, so many top class minis are running these. Edited May 29, 201016 yr by corolla_bitten Report
May 30, 201016 yr Author comment_441038 Yeah, the dyno results for my mates 4.1 FAL-CON and my 4AC were flywheel converted from 145rwhp and 73rwhp respectively! So 82rwhp from a 1300cc ain't shabby, so much for solex's bein paperweights! Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441049 Solex carbs have a tendency to leak and cause engine bay fires, that's why hardly anyone uses them. Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441052 ^^^ And I do know they rattle apart. Everything comes lose. But I have a set of imported solex think there 45mm off a KP61 ex TRD car now TRD used solex and these ones seem pretty good there not the same as the stock ones off a Toyota but I feel there a copy of the webber. Forget which type and aI actually need some help identifying them. But does anyone know where I can buy jets and that for the solex carbies? Cheers Cameron Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441095 TRD probably used them because they were a homologated part, not because theyre good. Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441113 hey Cameron you can try rodger on toymods, hes quite knowledgeable on the solex's and parts. Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441164 Looks like I need to get over to toymods. Ill post pics of mine tomorrow night if I get time we can all debate them..LOL Cheers Cameron Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441185 http://www.rmcarburetors.net/index.htm This is Rodger's site. Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441352 hey cameron, there is also a shop in newcastle called all-carb, he got me some new seal kits, but had to solder up and re-drill my carbies. its in sandgate on wallsend rd i think, the number is 02 4968 0088, hes really good. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now