Weber/solex Carbs

Members dont see this ad

Depends on your application.

For outright performance, side draft is better than down IMHO.

Weber and Dellorto are about the same, although parts for Dellortos are more expensve and sometimes harder to get.

Solexs make good paper weights.

SU's I've found to be very under rated. I had a set of 1.5's and they were great.

If you want driveability and something like fuel economy, down draft weber.

If you want to suck in shrubs and small children as you drive by, side draft.

Edited by Redwarf

I agree with the downdraft being better for driveabilty and fuel economy, accept when it,s a 40/40 DFAV! Wicked sequential, 28mm chokes, power valve for high rpm and huge torque! Just fitted one of those to a mates 4.1 Fal-con with ported EFI head, warm solid cam, extractors and the 40/40 DFAV on standard manifold with adaptor to fit to the EFI head! After rejetting dyno results showed Close to 220hp at only 5500rpm, up from the standard 34/34ADM,s result of a series of 170-185hp runs at the same rpm! I,ve got a 4AC with a 32/36DGAV and it dyno'd just on 110hp at 6000rpm!

my ke70 rally car is running 4k with twin solexs, and is pumping out 82hp at the wheels. runs very well, and yes parts are difficult to get, but i still got seal kits, but had to solder up and re-drill jets. stay in tune really well, on par with dellortos in my opinion. yes su's are very underated, so many top class minis are running these.

Edited by corolla_bitten

^^^

And I do know they rattle apart. Everything comes lose.

But I have a set of imported solex think there 45mm off a KP61 ex TRD car now TRD used solex and these ones seem pretty good there not the same as the stock ones off a Toyota but I feel there a copy of the webber. Forget which type and aI actually need some help identifying them.

But does anyone know where I can buy jets and that for the solex carbies?

Cheers

Cameron