2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread

TheNOBBLER

Thats right everyone, the Great Ocean Road trip is turning 5!

This trip however will be a little different to the last few, it will be a one nighter like the first trip as we do not have a long weekend to run the event over in 2011 for Australia day.

Australia day for 2011 will be a wednesday so that will serve as a great prep day I recon! The GOR trip will be held the weekend after Australia day due to many requests from members who will be attending, this may also give us some cheaper camping rates due to most high seasons running until Australia day.

Ok, so we will be running for two days, most likely we will cruise to warnambool and meet up with the SA crew if there are any coming (I can hear Mick now!) and cruise the GOR on the way back through to Apollo Bay for the night. We would then setup, have a yak and hit the road again for a redhot run through some twisties. I'm pretty sure we will have a couple of different ways to go this time, one for people who are afraid of dirt roads and one for the rest of us!

After that we will hit the town for dinner then back to the camp site to get the guitars out and piss off the campers again :)

Sunday will have the famouse bacon and egg breaky followed by packup and hitting the road again for some more fun if we feel like it, we could do something as a group or head home. plenty of options.

Ok, anything else??? Theres plenty to be written! Plenty to be said! Plenty of peole to get into gear!

This will be one of the cheapest weekends for the amount of fun you cram into it. we possible have an extremely cheap camp site in Aireys inlet that we may be able to use, plenty of room and power etc and we can make plenty of noise with almost no complaints. Will have to check up on that though.

One last thing... BRING IT ON!

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right everyone, the Great Ocean Road trip is turning 5!

This trip however will be a little different to the last few, it will be a one nighter like the first trip as we do not have a long weekend to run the event over in 2011 for Australia day.

Australia day for 2011 will be a wednesday so that will serve as a great prep day I recon! The GOR trip will be held the weekend after Australia day due to many requests from members who will be attending, this may also give us some cheaper camping rates due to most high seasons running until Australia day.

Ok, so we will be running for two days, most likely we will cruise to warnambool and meet up with the SA crew if there are any coming (I can hear Mick now!) and cruise the GOR on the way back through to Apollo Bay for the night. We would then setup, have a yak and hit the road again for a redhot run through some twisties. I'm pretty sure we will have a couple of different ways to go this time, one for people who are afraid of dirt roads and one for the rest of us!

After that we will hit the town for dinner then back to the camp site to get the guitars out and piss off the campers again :)

Sunday will have the famouse bacon and egg breaky followed by packup and hitting the road again for some more fun if we feel like it, we could do something as a group or head home. plenty of options.

Ok, anything else??? Theres plenty to be written! Plenty to be said! Plenty of peole to get into gear!

This will be one of the cheapest weekends for the amount of fun you cram into it. we possible have an extremely cheap camp site in Aireys inlet that we may be able to use, plenty of room and power etc and we can make plenty of noise with almost no complaints. Will have to check up on that though.

One last thing... BRING IT ON!

Sounds awesome mate, but there's about zero chance of my car being finished by then so I'll miss it. Definitely hope for 2012 tho! Can't wait for my first RC GOR trip!

Sounds awesome mate, but there's about zero chance of my car being finished by then so I'll miss it. Definitely hope for 2012 tho! Can't wait for my first RC GOR trip!

the only thing necessary to make the weekend is yourself and (a very small amount of) $$$.

just ask the Canadians from up north who fly down and ride shotgun in everyone elses' cars the whole weekend.

i'm tempted to not take a car, but feel if i leave the whale at home alone, it'll get sniffed out by the Japanese and taken back to the motherland for 'research'!! (that and nobby will need somewhere to pack all his gear if he takes the KE10 like he should)

I think I will start a thread in the automotive discussion section this year? Link the interested regions to it? There was talk of a multi region event area but I don't think it will happen.

As for not having a rolla on the road for the trip... Who cares! We have as many if not more non rollas on the run that rollas most years. Everything from BMW to magna, commodore to valiant and rollas of all ages. Poz Sven brought the bundy last time. It's all fun no matter what your in... But as Butty found out it's not as much fun in an evo7... It's all to easy! :)

Nope!

Just had the valve stem seals done actually. Gotta do the rear engine mount as I've broken it from all the second gearies I've been doing in it since I got it haha.

And now that the oil isnt fouling up the plugs, she pulls harder than a school boy!

Edited by Raven