2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I live in the middle of nowhere...

Is the Todd road servo the one off the highway before the bridge? with the KFC in a tent? I'm gonna need to wake up at 4am to get ready :dance:

Correct. The Outbound one obviously. I was there pumping up my tyres when a few others rocked up. A fuel tanker moved us along, so i think we just parked in the carpark next to the Servo.

Would only be about an hours drive from Kilmore?

Ok so here's some bad news.

After much deliberation I'm not bringing the rolla (or any rolla) on the cruise. It has almost killed me to say this :( Reason being is that one of my axles has not been splined true and I get driveline vibes at anything over 80km/h. Plus the motor is sounding fairly clapped too. So I will be attending dare I say it, in a (clean) dirty filthy Datsun.

Kangaroosa I shall see you at the Todd road service station as per last year.

This is epic news.

Too bad. I'll be at Todd road.

See you all there

Edited by Bamboo

Correct. The Outbound one obviously. I was there pumping up my tyres when a few others rocked up. A fuel tanker moved us along, so i think we just parked in the carpark next to the Servo.

Would only be about an hours drive from Kilmore?

I have to wash the car... :wink:

I should be there on time though

Edited by bAKER

That's what she said

HAHAHAHAHA...

Well as I am in Ballarat I will be giving mine a wash bright and early, Prob around 6am =] just so I can get to the meet up point by 8am... I have a tendancy to get lost =\ haha

There are no other ballarat guys coming anymore ay...

Edited by jaygore

Cooling... Fixed that issue today with an excel radiator and twin fan conversion. Only confirmed the headgasket after letting it warm up then putting the radiator cap on, then it was put put put time. Bugger.

Will be changing the head gasket tomorrow night with the helping hand of dfunkt but it won't be getting a skim, no time and no coin! Will see how it goes I guess.

JP